LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently July 9, 2020, 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
PostPosted: June 24, 2020, 8:02 am 

Wonderful gift :cheers:

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

PostPosted: June 29, 2020, 1:47 am 

A clogged toilet in our camper got me on the 10:00 news.

I still wonder what made them think that the person you want to approach to interview for a segment about how people are traveling during COVID, is the guy who is just finishing up handling raw sewage?...Regardless, I never would have been out for a another dump so close to home if it hadn't been for the declogging.

Also follow my build on blogspot, tumblr, or instagram and twitter (GarageOdyssey)

PostPosted: June 30, 2020, 12:22 am 

One of my parent's neighbours cut down a big maple tree in their yard this spring, so I bucked up what was there yesterday and my brother cut some slabs for me. Should be able to make a couple nice tables once they dry, and some smaller ones for stuff like cutting boards maybe. The smaller logs I'll split down the middle and try making bowls or something. He also cut a chunk out of the middle of one log about 4" thick, I'll see how it is when it dries and maybe save that one for a rifle stock blank. We tried up the big slabs on the sawmill, the chainsaw work was pretty tough. I think I may have to build a small bandsaw mill for doing this in the future. It wouldn't take much to be able to do a better job than a chainsaw with much less waste.

Added a couple more to the pile today, now it's all strip stacked in my shed to dry for the next few years. The neighbour that cut the tree down asked for a piece about 16" wide, 1.5" thick, so he can make a nice cutting board from it. I think I can spare that easily enough. I'm thinking I may use the wide slabs to make a table for the deck, and the narrower ones for benches.
Kristian

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29