LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 19, 2024, 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: August 9, 2011, 5:56 pm 

I hope it's safe there, it's where my parents are. I'm a Chertsey lad :)

PostPosted: August 9, 2011, 6:26 pm 

Tom17 wrote:

Well blow me down sideways!!!!! ..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Chertsey is like a couple of miles away...I know it well ... I'm Walton on Thames .....

Blinkin' 'eck-as-like... what a very small world we live in .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: August 9, 2011, 11:24 pm 

Updated to put myself on the new map. Funny that I was 2nd to post under my old name back in the day.

--JOsh

PostPosted: August 10, 2011, 6:50 am 

A small world indeed :)

PostPosted: August 10, 2011, 8:26 am 
We are Slotus!

Tom17 wrote:
A small world indeed :)

But I wouldn't want to try and paint it with a roller...

Fozzie and Tom, I hope you and yours stay safe until things calm down over there.

Take Care-
JDK

PostPosted: September 12, 2011, 4:53 pm 

Hey Ya'All!!

It's great to see that in my short (ok, not so short...) absence that the Locost Locator kept on growing! One of those perpetual thingys, huh?

Now I just have to remember my login so that I can modify my marker to my new home! What was that password again?? :?:

Cheers!

KS

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: September 12, 2011, 4:58 pm 

Fozzie wrote:
Hi Russ .... I did try that after I posted, but it wouldn't drop and drag the 'mini-me' ...perhaps it's my browser... FireFox.? :(

Yes, safe here thank you, I live about 16 miles south west of London (centre) as the crow flies ....but in leafy suburbs, so should be ok here... However, some of the police force for my area, Surrey Police, have been drafted in to help out the Met ..... so I would think they are pretty confident that my area is safe.

Thank you so much for your concern .... :wink: it means a lot ... :)

Fozzie
Glad to hear your were safe! Very scary events!

No, only the map can be dragged around. The "mini-me's" are fixed. If you want it deleted, give me a PM and after I recall my password, I'll delete which one you choose. Or I can delete them all and you can start over.

FYI - Even if you put in a correct address, there is no assurance that it'll be exact. Mine was off by miles till I figured out how to cheat (I figured out where I lived according to it's map!).

Cheers!

KS

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: February 18, 2012, 3:53 pm 

Howdy All!

I figure it's time to bump this one back to the top. Trying to get myself back in the spirit of building again and doing a little admin work on the map!

We're officially at 113 map points! I went through and deleted some of the obvious duplicates (3 points by the same user in 10 minutes!) and a couple that although not exactly duplicates, were close enough. If I deleted your correct marker, I apologize in advance and if you place another one, just drop me a quick PM and I'll delete the others!

We've gotten quite a few far flung "hits" on the map.. central China, Thailand, Slovenia, Croatia and even Lithuania!! That is just too cool for words, so keep on adding your locations to the map, even if your only lurking and thinking of building. You just never know who's around the corner from you!

Cheers and Happy Building!

KS

PostPosted: February 19, 2012, 12:43 am 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
We've gotten quite a few far flung "hits" on the map.. central China, Thailand, Slovenia, Croatia and even Lithuania!!

Not to mention the Center of the Universe as We Know It, i.e. TALLAHASSEE, FL!!

OK, I might be a little bit biased...

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: February 19, 2012, 2:48 am 
The voice of reason

Quote:
Blinkin' 'eck-as-like

I just want to learn how to use this expression!

PostPosted: February 19, 2012, 2:34 pm 

horizenjob wrote:
Quote:
Blinkin' 'eck-as-like

I just want to learn how to use this expression!
Just where in the heck did that come from??? Florida? :roll:

PostPosted: February 19, 2012, 5:58 pm 
We are Slotus!

Fozzie wrote:
Tom17 wrote:

Chertsey is like a couple of miles away...I know it well ... I'm Walton on Thames .....

Blinkin' 'eck-as-like... what a very small world we live in .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, it came from Walton on Thames...

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: February 19, 2012, 8:30 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Fozzie wrote:

Nope, it came from Walton on Thames...
DOH!!! :BH: I thought for sure that was a fermented yeast derived Floridian saying of olden times!! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8