LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 12, 2016, 4:16 pm 

Another decent two stroke gadget I have is this drill. Really handy about the farm , has no trouble with this inch diameter bit through a foot square wooden post. try that with a cordless :)

Bob

Mancave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/mypic ... ow/mancave

PostPosted: May 12, 2016, 8:59 pm 

I never understood the term Bob's your uncle. But with tools like that you would be a cool Uncle to borrow stuff from.

PostPosted: May 12, 2016, 10:27 pm 

carguy123 wrote:
One good tip I've found for gasoline powered tools is to buy that $24 a gallon premix that doesn't have alcohol in it.

Tip: A cheaper alternative is to go to your local general aviation airport and get some 100 octane low lead gas (100LL). It's old fashioned fuel with no additives and a very long, stable shelf life.

PostPosted: May 12, 2016, 10:47 pm 
Toyotaphobe

BHRmotorsport wrote:
carguy123 wrote:
One good tip I've found for gasoline powered tools is to buy that $24 a gallon premix that doesn't have alcohol in it.

Tip: A cheaper alternative is to go to your local general aviation airport and get some 100 octane low lead gas (100LL). It's old fashioned fuel with no additives and a very long, stable shelf life.

That's good to know.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: May 13, 2016, 6:29 am 

For two strokes that are occasionally used you cant beat this, it keeps for years. http://www.mad4mowers.co.uk/product/aspen2

Bob

Mancave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/mypic ... ow/mancave

PostPosted: May 13, 2016, 7:12 am 

bob wrote:
I just love my 1" drive two stroke nut gun, I can swap a wheel on the lorry before the compressor has made enough air to run the air equivalent :cheers:

That is a thing of beauty. I need a moment to dry my eyes and compose myself. :wink:

Reminds me of the 2-stroke tap drills for the sugarbush.

As far as fuel, check the 91 octane premium, it's usually corn free, at least in my neck of the woods.

06 325xi
Some people never have anything except ideas. Go do it.
Emissions & fuel economy haven't exactly been areas of strength for past rotary power plants, but absolutely no one with a soul has ever cared.

PostPosted: May 13, 2016, 8:18 am 

Unfortunately, our local airport will not put 100LL into anything but a plane. No race cars, no containers, nada! Tried that. YMMV

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: May 13, 2016, 8:38 am 

all of our 87/89/91/93 fuel here is 10% ethanol by volume. some highway rest stops are even using 12%.

We do have the benefit of some local Sunoco stations selling 100 and 110 ethanol free.

Driven5 wrote:
Forced Induction + Magic Spinning Doritos = EMod

PostPosted: May 27, 2016, 9:36 pm 
Always Moore!

You could always go to the track and get 110 leaded for $9/gallon and enjoy the wonderful scent of race fuel. ;)

carguy123 wrote:
One good tip I've found for gasoline powered tools is to buy that $24 a gallon premix that doesn't have alcohol in it. (An aside - wouldn't you think that by now someone in Congress would have realized how much trouble alcohol in gas is?)

Dang you beat me to my tip! I bought a cheap Homelite weedwacker a few years ago. After the second winter of sitting it was so gummed up that it would barely run with the choke on full. A new carb was $30 after shipping. A new el-cheapo Homelite was $70 - decided to chuck the old one. The new one has only seen the $8/quart premix and it still starts on the first pull every time.

My PA house didn't have a lot of area to weedwack so I felt stupid spending $250+ on something nice only to run it for less than 5 minutes per week. My TX house has what seems like a mile of fence then another mile of house to weedwack around. It may be worth getting something good at this point but keeping a crappy tool running is almost a personal challenge (sort of like building cars with tools from Harbor Freight). With that said, the nut that holds the spool on stripped and I thought it may have been the end - no fear since the Home Depot on had the part.