LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 4, 2019, 8:27 pm 

For those of us that are north of 50, I'll be very frank, this could very well to turn out to be a never ending thread.

I know this won't fizz (yet) for the young un's, but lets share some stories of when we were learnin', figurin', and ciferin' for those teachers that IMHO sacrificed their careers, to educate a guy (or a girl) like me. Did that sound right?? Whatever

So then, wifie and I were reminiscing, (we went to TOTALY different schools and environments) and started telling stories. Well let me tell you we were rolling on the floor laughing, and that's what this should be about. These stories can be taken many, many ways, but remember that any story told is for entertainment, not ridicule, because in this free world you have the choice not to read anything you don't, or want to. Did that make sense? If you read this you've been informed.

So, 1976, I'm in grade 11. Week end. School dance. Raging hormones.
(I know you guys are saying, I could tell this story).
Now picture me, when I tilt my head back my hair touches the belt on my flared pants.
Introduce my friend Lyle, he's got wheels, a !950 Chev 1/2 ton that I helped drag out of the pasture and help get road worthy. And..... we scored a 1/2 gallon of red wine! So the genius's that we were, Hey! Let's get this 1/2 gallon of wine into the school dance! WE WILL BE HERO'S Easy Peasey!!!!!
We put the jug of wine in Lyle's coat, (no one will think anything of a male high schooler that looks pregnant) and walk into the school.

Of course the first check point we have to pass has our Vice Principal at a desk in the hallway. He walks up to Lyle, unzips Lyle's coat and pulls out a !/2 gallon of wine.

Thinking we were going to walk the Green Mile, the Vice Principal holds up the 1/2 gallon of wine to the light and says, "Whats this?............... You guys get the hell outta here before I change my mind!

I thank that Vice Principal every year I have the urge to consume the grape.

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle