LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently August 15, 2018, 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7, 2006, 12:07 pm 
Found another small photographical mistake last night...

The picture where you are drilling the hole in the top of the fuell cell so that you can add a vent to it, is sideways, you were drilling down, but the picture was rotated 90 degrees to the side

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7, 2006, 2:34 pm 
It's acknowledged in the corrections page of the book's website. Little things like this happen, which is why I keep an updated website for the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13, 2006, 1:10 pm 
have a cookie

ordered by book today should have by friday i hope. got since i plan now on trying to find some mazda front spindles and maybe some other pieces. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13, 2006, 5:37 pm 
You will be pleased...

BTW, for both enteretainment and usefulness, I bought one of the 12'th scale Caterham models that Keith discusses in the book. I will let you know how helpful I think it is as a reference. It is expensive and that money could probably have better gone to parts, but....

Anyone know where I can get a 12'th scale rotary engine? One of the Tamiya models I looked at for an RX7 had no engine... :-/

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14, 2006, 9:50 pm 
I got the kit today. It is amazing. I can't imagine this will not be useful as a mock up tool or something. Now if I could find a 1/12th scale first gen RX7 it would be very useful to merge the two....

I am not sure I would pay the "normal" price for the kit (as I have seen a local hobby shop have the kit for nearly $300) but I got it for less than $100 on ebay and thought it is worth that for my purposes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14, 2006, 10:58 pm 
That is a steal for that kit. Which one is it? The clamshell version seems to be most common.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14, 2006, 11:28 pm 
yes clamshell fenders

That is a picture of the kit I got, but that is not who I got it from. I got it from an individual. It was open, but everything was there and all the plastic inside was unopened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15, 2006, 12:50 am 

That looks like a really fun kit to make 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15, 2006, 9:32 am 
Yes it does, but more importantly it seems like a great reference material for builing a replica...... There is so much detail in everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4, 2006, 9:31 pm 

Keith,

Great book. Saw it a month or so ago at Barnes & Nobles, but didn't buy it until a few weeks ago. Just finihsed it today after Chassis Engineering. I read from "June" to the end today, so congrats on being a good writer. I had some questions about certain parts, but I can't remember them right now. Anyway, I haven't read Champion's, so I can't compare, but this book was definately worth the money. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4, 2006, 9:58 pm 
Locostering Information Liaison

Evidently the NEW Champion book will be out in Feb 2007 "How to build a sports car for OVER 250lbs and race it" (Joke on the name but it will be out early spring).

To err is human...
I am more human than most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 12, 2007, 6:40 pm 

I really like those 1/12 scale Tamiya models, but the cycle wing or JPE versions only. The clamshell wings look like they would generate a lot of lift at speed (on a full size car of course!). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 12, 2007, 9:40 pm 
That makes them accurate models then :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18, 2007, 7:16 pm 

Keith--

Got your book yesterday--actually two counting the Miata performance book. I'm about 140 pages into it and it's a great read. I have already identified some potential oopses that won't be oopses for me now, so the price of admission has already been paid. Thanks for a great resource.Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12, 2008, 7:49 pm 

i have this book and the gibbs book, and this one was actually interesting to read.. whearas the gibbs book had a lot of technical stuff in it..

http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=52903#52903
over 12 postings!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next