LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 10, 2024, 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: September 18, 2017, 8:39 am 

turbo_bird wrote:
Car Sick wrote:
Are there any generous Locost builders in central Florida that I could meet up with and have a seat in their car? I would love to feel a couple different sizes before I pull the trigger. I'm 5'8" 183lbs. I would love to get as small as possible, I think the Book frame would be perfect for me.

You shouldn't have any issues fitting in a book frame car. I'm 6'2" and about 285 and I fit in mine, which is a book frame. Fitting in the car depends a lot on the kind of seats you want though. Mine is very basic, just a couple plywood backed cushions like in the original Lotus 7.
Kristian

Thanks! I have some Bride clones that I want to use. They are 18" at their widest, the thigh supports. I feel like I can make them fit, using 3/4" tubing and small tunnel, maybe even have the panel on the inside of the tubing as well. Also, I plan on shaving off the PPF mounting flange on the Miata trans as well.

PostPosted: November 16, 2017, 3:22 pm 

Hey guys! I'm loki98t5. I live in Boise Idaho and am a marine mechanic. I have been wanting to build a locost for some years now and am finally in a place I can start the project. I will be building a 442 from scratch and using a Volvo t5 as a donor. (the wife would love for my parts car to disappear) So far I am in the planning stages and have been doing ALOT of reading and lurking on here. Currently waiting for the book to show up off of amazon. Figuring a start date of early January and are planning on the project taking 2ish years, during the meantime I have a lot of stuff to get done. I will need to organize and insulate my 12x24 shed (my garage was converted to an apartment that my brother rents) build a workbench and work table and wire the shed for my 220 miller mig welder. To say that I am excited is a bit of an understatement! So if you are located in Idaho and are willing to send me info on your build or let me come check them out I would appreciate it very much. Looking forward to starting my actual build post and get this thing going!

PostPosted: February 16, 2018, 5:59 pm 

Hello everyone, I'm Jay and am starting a GSX R600 motored, locost style, rod. Instead of building my own cab, I'll use a 27 ford roadster body (bought for 200 bucks), with the locost style frame, hood and nose.

PostPosted: June 1, 2018, 1:29 pm 

Location: That point where the humidity and the temperature combine forces to destroy all that is good
Raccoonman here, North Charleston SC based, born and raised in Amherst Va. Old and cranky and full of sarcasm. Wait, no, that's my wife. I'm a flipping barrel of cheer. Call me Curt if it suits ya, Coonman, if it suits ya. Why? Pet raccoons, of course. Got just the one fat and sassy little boy right now, Ringo; he's just over two years old. Lives the life of Riley. Smart as a tack.

PostPosted: June 3, 2018, 9:25 am 
We are Slotus!

Raccoonman wrote:
Raccoonman here, North Charleston SC based, born and raised in Amherst Va. Old and cranky and full of sarcasm. Wait, no, that's my wife. I'm a flipping barrel of cheer. Call me Curt if it suits ya, Coonman, if it suits ya. Why? Pet raccoons, of course. Got just the one fat and sassy little boy right now, Ringo; he's just over two years old. Lives the life of Riley. Smart as a tack.
Welcome aboard, "Coonman"... You answered my question, as in why that name? Pet raccoons? I thought in SC they were a food source, not a pet... :mrgreen: But having battled with them over ways to keep my garbage can lids on, I can vouch for their intelligence.

Welcome to the gang! Good luck-
:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: June 4, 2018, 12:07 pm 

Location: That point where the humidity and the temperature combine forces to destroy all that is good
Anything short of chains and locks, they can overcome.... even then... Ringo doesn't try to get into too much as we keep him well fed. Yeah, I have a coworker who brings in coon for lunch to rile me.... I get it. Folks eat possum and squirrel and rabbits, too.

PostPosted: July 9, 2018, 9:27 pm 

Hi all.
I used to be requstered as Chanoquin.
Password loss and inactivity ended up in losing account, so back on it with new Forum nickname.
I will be uploading photos on my old build log.

PostPosted: August 24, 2018, 9:03 am 

Just signed up yesterday and I'm already really impressed with the wealth of knowledge and creativity.

From Northern Kentucky. Mech engineer, but primarily a gear head. I was pointed this way by a co worker who is designing a BEC chassis, that I will hopefully be helping him fabricate. My background is primarily in the 4x4 world. Building roll cages, bumpers, 3 & 4 link suspension, and general fabrication. Also just finishing up a LS swap into my 63 Bel Air. I don't have any immediate plans to build a tube chassis car, but I have thought seriously about a Vette Cart style vehicle but with 4 seats (wife & kiddo).

PostPosted: August 30, 2018, 8:29 pm 

Hi, My name is Trevor and I live in PEI Canada, now retired but have spent my life in the maintenance industry, in one form or another, my last job was as a marine engineer in the Canadian Coast Guard, I managed to find a 1973 Jensen Healey that was in the the throws of being restored, but bodywork Is not my strong suit, I am sure you know that the Jensen Healey comes with the first offering of the Lotus 907 engine, well this car came with two, one’d in the car and one as a spare. Then I found an new old stock RM Eight kit car, which closely resembles the Lotus 7 S2.........too closely apparently. Oh well. It has never been assembled and the idea of grafting the 907 slant 4 DOHC was an obvious choice. So i am here to find out if there are any other fools out there who have tried this and succeeded/failed, and what were the problems and solutions that face me now.

PostPosted: November 12, 2020, 5:45 pm 

Hello.

Been reading a lot the past couple weeks as I was looking at Caterhams & somehow stumbled on the Locost name.

Started reading a lot here & have the bug.

Doing my research & starting to make a plan & search for a suitable (Miata, but not 100% decided) donor, and am hoping to find a complete car in the Houston area to 'try on' & see how I fit in one.

http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20899

PostPosted: May 3, 2021, 10:23 am 

Hello,
nice to meet you all. I'm Alex...I'm almost 60 and I'm passionate about auto...and Lotus of course.

Here to discover interesting things about this world and read/share tips and hints.

I hope to find nice people too
Regards
AW

PostPosted: May 3, 2021, 8:51 pm 

Welcome ale62 to the mad house. If you could put your location in your avatar. That way if someone lives near you, and has a Locost, you might bum a ride. If you are in the midwest we have a big gathering May 13-16 in Mid Missouri. Russ

PostPosted: May 3, 2021, 8:59 pm 

trialsmangasgas wrote:
Welcome ale62 to the mad house. If you could put your location in your avatar. That way if someone lives near you, and has a Locost, you might bum a ride. If you are in the midwest we have a big gathering May 13-16 in Mid Missouri. Russ

Profile editing leads to a dead part of the forum, unfortunately.

http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20899

PostPosted: May 4, 2021, 9:24 am 

JAMADOR wrote:
trialsmangasgas wrote:

Profile editing leads to a dead part of the forum, unfortunately.

Ya I brought it up a couple weeks back in the "Fix this" forum and was told it wasn't likely to get fixed unfortunately.

'12 GTI - Daily
'01 Chevy Cargo Van - Workhorse parts hauler

PostPosted: May 4, 2021, 11:18 am 

@ale62

Welcome, Alex.

Lonnie

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next