LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sequential shift times
PostPosted: June 19, 2016, 10:47 pm 

Any tips or advise on how long of a shift time cutout to program into a Power Commander III for use in a Seven with Hayabusa power? I would like to aim for driveline longevity and not quickest shift times.
What are people using for "killtimes"?

Jimmy

PostPosted: June 21, 2016, 8:57 am 

personally i did not like the power command set up i have been using the flat shift and have installed many for others .
i only use it in my two race cars F1000 AND SPORTS RACER for my self it depends on the track conditions as to were i set it .
for dry good traction i will set it at 35 milli seconds for wet of slippy traction i set it at 50 milli sceonds shift time .
the push button i do not like at all to hard to find in corners the paddles are 1000 times better .
with the suzuki motors up shifting with out the uses of a clutch is not a problem it's i the down shifting you will see the biggest gains .
though the seamless shifts in both directions is some thing that is unbeatable .
the power commander is a great price compared to the flat shift but the quality of the flat shift is worth the extra cost IMO . this is why i always tend to use the FS systems .

PostPosted: July 1, 2016, 9:32 am 

The Dale Walker electric shifter I had on my Suzuki had various trimpots to tweak, but in the end you could make it shift smoothly only at one specific *load*. If you set it to shift at ordinary street riding it let the engine run away at WOT, and if you set it for WOT it made nasty noises at part throttle.