LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Living with a BEC
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:57 am 

Mike Basden wrote:
Blackbird wrote:
Unless you're in it too deep at this point, consider switching to the Thunderbird diff, it's lighter, easy to package and pretty cheap, you'll most likely come ahead if you sell your S2k parts.

Moti

Moti,

I'd love to ditch the S2K parts. They're way too heavy. The biggest issue I'd have doing so is wheels and tires. I already bought some so if I can find spindles and a diff that will work with some 5x114 I'd be up for it.

I'm on my iPhone and can't recall what spindles you chose but I think it's a 4x100 set up(?).

Thanks,
Mike

If you go with the tbird IRS stuff, the hubs are easily modified to 5x4.5 (114) with a simple adapter plate, a press, some drill bits, a drill press,and a little time :) I just drilled and tapped the 5x4.5" bolt pattern to my tbird hubs today, repacked the wheel bearings, cleaned up the uprights, hubs, axles, and brakes, and am going to assemble them back together as soon as I get some 1/2"x20 fully threaded bolts to serve as wheel studs. If you want the adapter stencil I used I can mail it to you too :)