LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 19, 2024, 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: January 26, 2014, 7:37 am 

Thanks Ryan

When using the 1.25 ratio overdrive power isn't going to be a problem, just on circuit with 1:1 when you need all the power you can get.

Looking forward to seeing your results from testing and being able to order my very own box from you ASAP.

/Fred

PostPosted: February 4, 2014, 6:22 pm 

I received a brief status update from Dennis at Four Bells.
He continues work on integrating the Triumph Rocket III engine into the Spitfire. The R-Falcon reverse box and shafts are being fitted at the driveline shop. He should get them back soon for placement inside trans tunnel. Engine has been mounted in the car

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: March 18, 2014, 11:22 am 

Bump...
Wannna keep this front-page-ish...

The beginnings of the Jag Special,
https://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19012
Again, all pictures were lost.

PostPosted: March 18, 2014, 12:41 pm 

Robbovius,

Testing was suppose to start this past Saturday but there has been some delay. I chatted with Dennis last week he's still working on the wiring:
Quote:
Wiring phase will begin tomorrow. All engine mounts are finished, the interior started back together tonight, I just got in the house a few minutes ago and am very happy with the progress so far. Drive line components are now under control and I hope to hit the drive line shop very soon.

I told Dennis I will send him mini cam to capture some of the testing process

PostPosted: April 21, 2014, 3:37 am 

Had no idea you were in Charlotte. This is an amazing product you have and I hope it stands up to the testing.

PostPosted: April 30, 2014, 11:26 am 

Great news. I received a call from US Legends Cars Intl yesterday and was asked to come visit their facility. The facility is about 8 miles from my home so I drove over this morning to show the R-Falcon. They're interested in an alternative reversing solution for their european market. We have tentatively agreed to test the rfalcon (without overdrive) next month or as soon as I can put a unit together. More information will follow as things materialize. Again, nothing written in stone.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 1, 2014, 8:09 am 

oh, that's an intersting pic. they've added a great big oil cooler out in front of the air-cooled yammie FJ1200 engine, and added extra external oil ports to the cylinder head.

PostPosted: May 1, 2014, 9:56 am 

They continue to make engineering improvements to the cars; I really like their work. They told me that they have water- cooled 1300 cc motor now.

PostPosted: May 5, 2014, 2:35 pm 

yeah, I've spent several pleasant lunchtimes perusing their parts catalog online.

checking that picture again I recognize those carbs as Mikuni BS-type carbs, maybe even BS34s but likely Mk3. those are nice, easily tunable CV carbs. I like my Mk2s.

Also, I'm glad you're having some marketing success with your reverser box, can't wait to read results! locoster makes good, and the like ;-)

PostPosted: June 4, 2014, 12:34 pm 

Update:

Still work with individuals to get this Rfalcon tested/certified. I revisited Legend Cars International yesterday to check the status of signing the test/evaluation agreement, and they have not signed it yet. The general manager is still looking it over and we will have to tweak the agreement. they need the box for a month (seems reasonable ) to perform thorough testing so I'm hoping we can get testing completed before July. I guess I'm so desperate to get the unit tested I went ahead let them hold the box without signing the contact :( . I'll check back with them on Friday to force their hand, and get the box back if they still haven't decided by then.

I received another call yesterday from a company in California which builds 3/4 scale cars looking for forward / reverse solution. They need a box and can't get one from the other manufacturer (Jack Flemming's Jaxsport planetary reverser variant).

What I'm finding is that many interested parties just want the forward-reverse without the overdrive option so I will more likely offer two different versions with a nominal price difference of a $100-$150.
As everything else in the US is going up due to inflation, likewise, I see the squeeze for the components in the RFalcon.

FYI. I'm out of work again and now I have free time to get my car up and running again. Whichever testing comes first (the guy Missouri with the spitfire, US Legends or my own car) I will be offering the Rfalcon in July if not earlier.

Sincerely,

Ryan

PostPosted: June 24, 2014, 7:13 pm 

Update: We're still on track for taking orders first of July.

PostPosted: July 2, 2014, 12:28 pm 

Attempted to test over the holiday but the clutch needs to be replaced. A Heroe's journey..

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Z6XM_fjUKOo[/youtube]

PostPosted: July 11, 2014, 8:54 pm 

Changed out the clutch tonight. Did a dry test with clutch cover off and it shifts a lot better. We will really see over the weekend. I got the Outlaw Kevlar clutch kit off ebay for $109 shipped. Hopefully this will take care of the gear grinding when I attempt to fully engage the clutch.

I know, people wanna see the car moving with R-FALCON mounted :) anyone from Missouri?

PostPosted: July 17, 2014, 12:06 pm 

Update.: good news / bad news. Bad new is that my locoBusa has a bent shift fork and rod due to the notorious hayabusa 2nd gear issue. Im going to have to split the case and replace the shift fork and rod; also will get 2nd and 6th gears undercut. I'm a month out on this now :(

Good news is that Four Bells has just about completed triumph spitfire build with the rocket three engine. This project is 4 months behind schedule but the only remaining task is mounting the R-Falcon unit. Yeppy.

On another note, US Legend Cars lamed-out regarding testing the R-Falcon. I gave them a unit and paperwork and they decided not to test. I spent a lot of money putting a box together for them to test- loosers they are!

So with my car requiring a tranny overhaul and US Legend Cars whimpering out, im down to Four Bells to continue on with the test/evaluation of the R-Falcon. Dennis has access to a dyno.

PostPosted: July 23, 2014, 10:14 pm 

Sucks to hear the company bitching out and your trans problems.

Hope better luck comes your way.

Really looking forward seeing how this guy holds up to the abuse.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next