LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 19, 2024, 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 11, 2012, 1:05 pm 

I seem to have misplaced some parts I was going to weld on. But they've gone missing. can anyone help me find them?? :cry:

PostPosted: August 11, 2012, 1:11 pm 

Did you look in the freezer?

PostPosted: August 11, 2012, 1:31 pm 

oldejack wrote:
Not yet. I'll do that right now.

In the meantime, can y'all please have a look around my garage and see if you can see it? It's a little 1/8 NPT elbow. I've also lost the fitting that screws into it, too!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by mattrogers on August 11, 2012, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 11, 2012, 1:38 pm 

mattrogers wrote:
oldejack wrote:
Not yet. I'll do that right now.
I didn't see it in there, either!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: August 11, 2012, 1:52 pm 
The voice of reason

That's funny when I read your post my first thought was, well you need to post more pictures.... :rofl:

PostPosted: August 11, 2012, 2:19 pm 

Boxes are the answer, cardboard, steel, wood doesn't matter, just have plenty of them.

Throw all associated parts in separate boxes, rubber parts in one, brackets in another, electric bits, bolts over 1/2", bolts under 1/2" etc, etc, I'd go mad without my boxes.

One thing drives many workshop guys mad is answering the phone and absent mindedly leaving the part or tool you had in your hand next to the phone but spending the next half hour ripping the workshop apart trying to find it ....

Matt, not a good idea to show off your wares and show everybody on the internet where to find those goodies - ie; scooter licence plate.

PostPosted: August 11, 2012, 2:45 pm 
We are Slotus!

The damned Hide-A-Sharpies probably ran off with it!!! They're bad about that...

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: August 11, 2012, 3:11 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
The damned Hide-A-Sharpies probably ran off with it!!! They're bad about that...
That's the funny thing! i actually *found* two Sharpies when I was looking for these other parts.

I ended up finding them...by buying replacements at Ace. I had a $5 coupon and I needed to go there for other reasons (to return a fan and get another more-blowy one). So if I find the original parts, I'll just return those, or chalk it up as a $3 lesson in life.

PostPosted: August 11, 2012, 7:41 pm 

cheapracer wrote:
Boxes are the answer, cardboard, steel, wood doesn't matter, just have plenty of them.

Throw all associated parts in separate boxes, rubber parts in one, brackets in another, electric bits, bolts over 1/2", bolts under 1/2" etc, etc, I'd go mad without my boxes.

One thing drives many workshop guys mad is answering the phone and absent mindedly leaving the part or tool you had in your hand next to the phone but spending the next half hour ripping the workshop apart trying to find it ....

Matt, not a good idea to show off your wares and show everybody on the internet where to find those goodies - ie; scooter licence plate.
I'm starting to get some bags organized with all the small fasteners for my build. It's not perfect yet, but definitely getting there.

Thanks for the reminder on license plates--I guess I sometimes underestimate the desirability of my garage stuff, and I don't want to lose more than a couple brass fittings.

PostPosted: August 12, 2012, 8:08 am 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
That's the funny thing! i actually *found* two Sharpies when I was looking for these other parts.

Hey! They might be the ones I lost at the shop in GA last week... You sure they're yours??? :rofl:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: September 3, 2012, 3:51 pm 

Wow, I just found them! Only four weeks later.

They were in my "special Lotus parts" drawer along with the gauges and master cylinders I bought. (The gauges and master cylinders were never lost, though.)

Getting my garage in order once more. We'll see what other treasures I find.