LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roller skate for 7s
PostPosted: February 9, 2007, 1:44 pm 
Came across this in another forum. A variation would be neat for a 7.
This isn't your average "run of the mill" snowmobile lift, every snowmobile lift is custom built by hand when order is placed, this insures quality and value. You can have them painted or powder coated yourself but still purchase an awsome lift at a fraction of the cost. Heavy Duty 14ga. wall tubing, 2000# capacity. Lifts sled to 28", Keeps track and skis off the ground, taking load off of suspension lifting sled evenly. Ideal for shop or trailer, Excellent for storage, 5 year warranty. Can be painted or treated by customer. Orders placed on holidays and weekends will not be processed until the following business day, orders must be paid in full before order will be processed. Local pickup O.K., Call to purchase one today @ 269-998-5018.

*Optional wheel kit available for an additional $65.00* Wheel kit includes casters, brackets and hardware.

Check out more pictures and pricing @ www.monstercontracting.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9, 2007, 2:54 pm 

Make it a little wider, a little longer and add an electric linear actuator. That owuld be pretty cool. Use it at the track and add a pneumatic cylinder to use as a jack. Pretty neat idea for a flat bottom car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9, 2007, 4:20 pm 

The first thing I did when I looked at that picture was say "I could make that...just the right size for the locost."

Project Seven
Instagram: @RexRacer19

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9, 2007, 5:07 pm 

jmanz6 wrote:
Make it a little wider, a little longer and add an electric linear actuator. That owuld be pretty cool. Use it at the track and add a pneumatic cylinder to use as a jack. Pretty neat idea for a flat bottom car.

This unit can be cranked up with an electric drill. I think I might like the idea of the threaded-shaft type lift rather than pneumatics. It would seem to me to be less prone to a catastrophic failure. Hate to drop my car :(

B

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9, 2007, 5:57 pm 
I figure that anyone that can build a 7 should be able to build that lift. I believe that the crank is the landing gear for a trailer. For the pits a bracket on each corner, with provisions for trailer tie down as well, kind of like the Cobras have would allow the use of an over center lift at the track

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9, 2007, 7:09 pm 

R1 Seven wrote:
The first thing I did when I looked at that picture was say "I could make that...just the right size for the locost."

But could you make if for $165 painted or $145 bare? That's what they're asking for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9, 2007, 7:21 pm 

That one, yes. One big enough for a locost, maybe... That one is a bit small to lift a car. Not as far being too light duty, but as far as being able to easily lift the bigger car as compared to a snowmobile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9, 2007, 7:33 pm 
I worked for a Yamaha dealership years ago and we had a couple of those for lifting the snowmobiles during service. They were made by the owner of the shop to be taller than the standard ones like that, but otherwise are exactly the same. They were raised/lowered by a power drill turning the screw. For sleds, no big deal. For a 1000 pound car... I certainly wouldn't trust it if I were going to be under the car, but for tire changes/rotations and things like that, no problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10, 2007, 4:15 pm 
the JoKeR wrote:
...but for tire changes/rotations and things like that, no problem.

Could build to go under one end (front/rear) to get it high enough to change tires quickly, for sure. I could see a narrow version doing just that, with an end on it the same size as the lugs you have to remove, that way you can use your electric impact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10, 2007, 4:39 pm 

modernbeat wrote:
But could you make if for $165 painted or $145 bare? That's what they're asking for it.

Pretty easily I would think. I was at the trailer store this morning and they had those type tounge jacks there for $30. That leaves me $115 for rectangular steel tubing and some hardware/paint.

Of course, you have to figure your time in on a project like this...is my time worth the $40-50 that I may save? That is up the the person, I guess. Honestly, I would be more inclined to do this one myself simply because it could be taylor made for my car.

Project Seven
Instagram: @RexRacer19