LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 25, 2019, 3:44 pm 

First bit of progress to be reported in a long time! I just took ownership of a sectional roll-up door (complete with power lift) for the third bay of the garage. Best of all... it was a freebie! Eddie, my buddy with the trailer, recently completed a remodel job converting a one-car attached garage into a bedroom. With a bay window where the door had been, the old door was deemed "surplus" and donated to my garage rehab project!

Thank you, Eddie and Yvonne! :thmbsup: :yay: :hail:

PostPosted: September 26, 2020, 2:02 pm 

Time for a Long-Past-Due update! A lot has happened in the last 19 months, but almost none in the garage. Shortly after my last post to this thread, Carol took a turn for the worse, and my time was almost totally consumed with caring for her. Before she passed right after Christmas, we did a refinace on our home to free up some cash and were able to get a newer, more reliable car. This seemed like a priority item since we were spending so much time on the road for her Drs. visits and our old Ford Focus was really starting to show its age! We purchased a "Gently Used" AWD Chevy Equinox that has been an absolutely wonderful experience. Nicest car that I've ever owned. After Carol's passing most of my time has been spent trying to get the ol' homestead whipped back into shape after years of neglect. Now that the days are cooling off I should be able to get back to work on the garage, but one of the first things I have to do is get rid of a new above-ground swimming pool that is presently taking up a lot of floor space in there. I purchased it thinking it would be a good idea for Carol's P/T, but its arrival was almost concurrent with carol's "Turn". ANYBODY wanna buy a pool? Msg me for details! More of my story to come! :shock:

PostPosted: September 26, 2020, 5:29 pm 

Sad to hear about Carol's passing Mike, our thoughts are with you.

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: September 26, 2020, 11:17 pm 

Thank you, Perry! I've been dealing with it far better than I expected! 2020 has been a rough year all around (Carol actually passed in the last few days of 2019, but I'm not gonna quibble over 4 days) with me losing Carol. We all lost Gonzo about a month later, then Lonnie losing Anne in April! I think that's all, but that's enough for a while! Again, Thank You!

PostPosted: September 27, 2020, 10:24 am 

@ngpmike

It's good to see you're talking about getting your work space ready, Mike. Again, my condolences with respect to Carol's loss. And, I thank you for the remembrance of Anne. I did realize the idea I had for JD's remembrance on my build, and it really did make me feel better.

It helps to keep busy. That's easier said than done with the COVID-19 situation. Things that were so simple before are now a challenge, or just not available. We just have to do the best we can.

I hope to see more posts coming up.

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: September 27, 2020, 5:52 pm 

Lonnie, Thank you for your thoughts! Fortunately, the Covid 19 thing isn't much of a concern here in the Ozarks. Aside from having to mask-up when going into restaurants on the AR side, you'd never know it. Not even an issue here in Ozark Cnty. MO, but Mountain Home, AR has more eateries to choose from, and that's where I attend Church. I can't imagine having to deal with all of Cali's BS rules & regs. That's a good part of the reason we left 15 years ago. I like your little "Homage" to JD, and I'll keep that in mind for my build. I also REALLY like the spare tire brake light. THAT is just "Over-the-Top" COOL! That's gonna be a "Must Have" on mine! Again, Thank You! :cheers:

PostPosted: March 21, 2021, 5:47 am 

Should have posted this here a long time ago. Part of my garage rehab project includes the addition of a lathe that I recently bought. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9183&p=260118&hilit=lathe#p260118

PostPosted: March 21, 2021, 9:10 am 

When you do the wiring, I would suggest you use all surface mounted conduit. It is more expensive But it allows easier tie to change it later And surface mount the 100amp bo for access as well

I have a wood frame shop. But I did find the monies to spray foam. I found a guy that does a hybrid foam- something between open and closed. It works great here in SE Wisconsin. Read on the MFG SF insulation sites they can best direct you if SF can be used on the metal walls.

Thom

PostPosted: March 24, 2021, 3:18 pm 

I just scored a tubing bender from a local "Moving sale"! Came with bending dies for 1 1/4" to 2"!!! The previous owner used to build "Off-Road Racing" trucks! :D :cheers:

PostPosted: March 24, 2021, 4:33 pm 

Nice, Mike.! Photos?

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: March 25, 2021, 1:09 pm 

Not yet, Lonnie. My little ol' "Flip Phone" takes crap photos. Need to get the D.I.L. over here with her I-phone. The bender is a "Hughes" (never heard of it) brand ratchet type bender. Looks like one of the Pro-Tools benders.

PostPosted: March 27, 2021, 9:09 pm 

Another score from the same moving sale that supplied my roll bar bender. Got a Victor Oxy-Acetylene welding set-up. Tanks, regulators, hoses, torch, tips and a cart. Now, let's see if I can remember how to weld. It's been more than a few years!!! :shock: