LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 11, 2018, 7:16 pm 

ChanoquinII wrote:
I have some questions..
Is the underground pipe level?
O r does it have an incline?
Is it accessible?

You already have a Dryer (Intercooler) on the underground pipe, the only thing you need is a way to remove condensed moisture.
How practical is it to dig a register box and install a drain at the lowest point of the underground pipe?

Thanks for the questions. The pipe was installed when I was a toddler so I can't say for sure. The line is accessible if needed, but would be a lot of work and require digging up a driveway.
When you say register box what are you referring to?

PostPosted: September 11, 2018, 9:34 pm 

Here’s a pic of the “inter cooler” on my old compressor. The wind from the pump pulley was enough to super cool the air passing through it.
Attachment:
64905F65-6BB0-489A-86A3-C899C038D41C.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: September 11, 2018, 11:30 pm 

zetec7 wrote:
Here’s a pic of the “inter cooler” on my old compressor. The wind from the pump pulley was enough to super cool the air passing through it.
Attachment:
64905F65-6BB0-489A-86A3-C899C038D41C.jpeg

Thank you for posting that. Looks a lot more straight through than what I've seen. I would be a lot more comfortable with the old freezer parts than the bar and plate style or whatever the term is for typical automotive a/c condensers.
I should measure what size pipe I'm working with for the tank to compressor line because I'm sure it'll narrow down my selection.

PostPosted: September 12, 2018, 1:19 am 

As I recall, the ends of the cooling coil were 3/8” NPT thread, so hardware store compression fittings worked great. In 15 years, it never leaked. Since then, of course, I’ve moved up to a 2-cylinder 2 hp compressor. It doesn’t have an inter cooler, so even with a water separator, I still get moisture in my air tools.

I’m looking at retro-fitting the cooling coil off the old compressor onto the new one. That will guarantee dry-as-dust air, essential if I want to use it for painting.

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: September 12, 2018, 8:34 am 

Thanx for the photo.
I'm going to have to keep a look-out for an old freezer. One of these days I need to re-paint my Seven, and that set-up would really help.
DaveW

PostPosted: September 12, 2018, 11:05 pm 

Cardot60 wrote:
ChanoquinII wrote:
I have some questions..
Is the underground pipe level?
O r does it have an incline?
Is it accessible?

You already have a Dryer (Intercooler) on the underground pipe, the only thing you need is a way to remove condensed moisture.
How practical is it to dig a register box and install a drain at the lowest point of the underground pipe?

Thanks for the questions. The pipe was installed when I was a toddler so I can't say for sure. The line is accessible if needed, but would be a lot of work and require digging up a driveway.
When you say register box what are you referring to?

A register Box (Caja de Registro) is a concrete box buried to contain serviceable components on electric or phone lines.