LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently November 11, 2019, 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Impatience hypocricy
PostPosted: July 19, 2012, 12:44 am 

I've been dilly-dallying for months on certain aspects of my build. I could've taken the 30 minutes or two hours to do task X or part Y many times, but I've been afflicted with this-episode-of-Burn-Notice-isn't-going-to-watch-itself disease. I make excuses about why I haven't done something to coworkers or friends who ask about progress.

But, then I send a drawing to a shop to make a part, and it's been 2 business days, and I feel like it can't get here soon enough--I know they said it'd take 5-6 business days to turn around, but I'm impatient dammit!

I should probably get more done myself, and send my drawings out sooner, huh?

Post subject: Re: Impatience hypocricy
PostPosted: July 19, 2012, 12:01 pm 

I think there's a big difference between deciding how to spend your time and waiting to get something you paid for. I'm sure we all have tasks we're putting off for one reason or another, and at the same time we have things we're anxious to work on, but can't start doing until the UPS truck shows up. The worst thing that can happen isn't putting off tasks, it's losing interest altogether. So impatience in this case is a good thing.

PostPosted: July 20, 2012, 2:48 am 

mattrogers wrote:
I've been dilly-dallying for months on certain aspects of my build. I could've taken the 30 minutes or two hours to do task X or part Y many times, but I've been afflicted with this-episode-of-Burn-Notice-isn't-going-to-watch-itself disease. I make excuses about why I haven't done something to coworkers or friends who ask about progress.

But, then I send a drawing to a shop to make a part, and it's been 2 business days, and I feel like it can't get here soon enough--I know they said it'd take 5-6 business days to turn around, but I'm impatient dammit!

I should probably get more done myself, and send my drawings out sooner, huh?
Nope, I'm pretty certain it's just you...I don't think anybody else here could possibly understand what you're talking about. :wink:

It does seem that Season 3 of White Collar has been begging for attention around our house lately...But the far worst culrpit by far is the never ending cycle of I-think-I-just-came-up-with-the-greatest-idea-ever-so-I-must-research-it-to-death-online-until-I-come-up-with-the-next-greatest-idea-ever Syndrome. (or ITIJCUWTGIESIMRITDOUICUWTNGIES if you prefer acronyms) :mrgreen:

Also follow my build on blogspot, tumblr, or instagram and twitter (GarageOdyssey)

PostPosted: August 6, 2012, 7:52 pm 

I have been meaning to read this thread for days. :)
I put my project on hold while I did other stuff, then got re-inspired.
I ordered parts from a few places, bought some tools, and dammit, they're not here yet!
I just need a long lunch to go to the metal store.