LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 13, 2016, 8:40 am 

Hello Locost friends.

As indicated earlier, I will soon be starting a second build, capitalizing on what I have learned betwen 2004 and 2009 (years of building my first seven).
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4524
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6867

Some of you may recall that my build was entirely made of steel (except for the scuttle and nosecone bought from COLD) and that my first engine was a rebuilt VW TD diesel.

In my upcoming project I intend on keeping the same approach, that is mostly steel with a GP scuttle, nose, and this time probably rear fenders. I will try and learn to use an english wheel to form compound sheet metal to fab fairings for the rear fenders. Compound sheet metal will also be required to fab the sliding roof unit. As indicated ,my goal this time is to produce a Seven «coupé», which is the subject of my post here.

I have looked around and found little seven coupés on the web. There are wonderful cars by Donkervoort, but I am not in that league . A brit fab makes hardtops for Catherams, but I am not making a hard top. What I think is a roof , like an airplane canopy that would slide backwards in one piece (roof and walls) to let passengers stand on the floor of the car and walk out. This would require a car body shaped like my first seven (please look at the links above to save me the description).

So I know from experience that this group can generate a tremendous volume of ideas. Please open fire. :cheers:

PostPosted: August 29, 2016, 3:15 pm 

ive wanted a sevenesque coupe for a while or at least something that wouldnt be too hard to build what kind of help are you looking for?

PostPosted: August 29, 2016, 4:04 pm 

I always liked the canopy idea, but mine would hinge on the roll bar.

PostPosted: January 5, 2017, 2:00 pm 

I like this idea! Time to break out the sketch pad an #4 pencil! (yeah, I'm old school like that)

:cheers: