LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 16, 2024, 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: www.amazonsupply.com
PostPosted: May 6, 2012, 9:22 am 

Just found out about this today... My girlfriend is a manager at CVG3 and passed this along to me... Hopefully this can be of some use to the locost crowd!

www.amazonsupply.com

Post subject: Re: www.amazonsupply.com
PostPosted: May 6, 2012, 11:46 am 
The voice of reason

Sears is also willing you to sell you virtually anything these days. I looked for a little vacuum pump awhile ago and the search made it quickly obvious that they would be happy to sell you a $5,000 ( or was it 15K? ) lab grade computer controlled vacuum distallation apparatus. :shock:

PostPosted: May 6, 2012, 11:51 am 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
a $5,000 ( or was it 15K? ) lab grade computer controlled vacuum distallation apparatus.

Could one, just as a discussion point... could one, for example... could one, say...
make TEQUILA with it??? :shock:

Just askin.... :mrgreen:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 6, 2012, 1:39 pm 

This is great, thanks for posting.

PostPosted: May 6, 2012, 6:27 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Quote:
a $5,000 ( or was it 15K? ) lab grade computer controlled vacuum distallation apparatus.

Could one, just as a discussion point... could one, for example... could one, say...
make TEQUILA with it??? :shock:

Just askin.... :mrgreen:

Surely, surely you know how to make a still. Just make sure you use copper. In these parts, there is a limit to how much sugar you can buy at one time, so you have to make several trips to the store. My late uncle was a rural mail man and he also owned a country store. Sometimes he would deliver sugar to certain unnamed customers. I knew several people who delivered product to Knoxville, back in the 60's. It paid a dollar a mile, about 125 miles from here. Not bad pay for the times. Gas was about 33 cents then. Mostly Fords and some Mopar cars because of the leaf springs in the rear you could add a couple of extra leafs for the added load. Later on, they started using tanker trucks(milk trucks). These trucks made the rounds to various dairy farms, but sometimes would haul some shine. Not much moonshining going on these days, most of the people switched to growing pot. Our little county has two drug helicopters. It can be pretty dangerous for one to fly a small plane around here for fear of being shot at by the growers if you happen to fly too close to their stuff. :cheers:

PostPosted: May 6, 2012, 8:28 pm 

well someone is apparently expanding their product range, whereas harbor frieght tools had a sale last week because they want to get out of tools and their stock of sockets is almost non existant, largest socket is 24mm or 11/8".

so i guess we can call them harbor freight wheel barrows instead.

but we in it shall be remembered.

PostPosted: May 6, 2012, 9:13 pm 
Mid-Engined Maniac

john hennessy wrote:
...whereas harbor frieght tools had a sale last week because they want to get out of tools...

What are they going to start selling then, or just getting out of hand tools?

PostPosted: May 7, 2012, 12:30 pm 

this was must disconcerting as i had driven 90 miles to my nearest harbor freight because they usually have a large stock of tools, but i managed to get the socket, a 12 point 36mm at another store,

it sucks living in a rural area don't it!

you may think i am stupid to go all that way, using all that gas but there is a method to my madness,

because i am addicted to the devil tobacco, i can buy a couple of cartons while i'm there.

in Nevada i can buy a carton of my brand for $47.00 but in Arizona, the same carton is $76.00.

my local gas station sells 87 octain for $4.39 and in Nevada it's only $3.75.

i do a round trip of 180 miles and use arround seven gallons of gas, at $3.75 a gallon, thats $26.25,

but my tank holds 19 gallons, so i have 12 gallons left when i get home worth $45.00 instead of $52.68 if i purchased it at my local store, so the real cost of going to Nevada is only $18.57,

now if i buy 2 cartons of ciggys, i save $58.00, these last me a month,

so i am actually in profit by $39.43, so anything else i do whilst in Las Vegas is a bonus, i don't drink alcohol and i don't gamble, so i get my lady of the night for a discounted price, ( there i go living in my fantasy world again where i am a James Bond style character, driving an Astom Martin and women falling at my feet, whats that you say, " so we meet again Mr. Bond, i don't want to torture you Mr. Bond, i want to kill you" in an east european accent ).

unfotunately i don't even come close to Jonny English, i'm more like Mr. Bean or Bazil Forty

but we in it shall be remembered.