LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 16, 2024, 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 8, 2011, 4:41 pm 

I did not get the car until late last year, so my updates were limited. Mostly switching from a stock Miata pedal setup to a pedal box. New roll bar and seat.

Pedal box

New fire wall, I used Rivnuts to attach so I can remove the scuttle without drilling out pop rivets

New roll bar, seats, belts and steering wheel.

I like the look

Graham

PostPosted: May 8, 2011, 5:22 pm 

Beautiful !!! I can only hope that mine comes out looking half as good.

PostPosted: May 10, 2011, 11:47 pm 

AS long as the weather looks good I plan on attending the Windy City Miata AutoX on Saturday 14th. Checkout http://www.windycitymiataclub.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=220&Itemid=181

PostPosted: May 11, 2011, 12:01 am 

What seats are those? I really like them.

PostPosted: May 11, 2011, 10:02 am 

Neat, very neat. I like your console. If you have more photographs, please post them.

PostPosted: May 11, 2011, 11:22 am 

The seats are from http://www.jkcomposites.com/7%27s-dimensions-page.html These are the same seats first350 used is his built, so check out his excellent build log.

I like the seats and they do a range of widths, I cannot remember the ones I selected I think it was the next to widest size. They also do a full seat base option, so you just bolt it to a runner you do not have to use the flange shown in the pictures. I used a Corbeau(sp) universal seat base that worked out perfectly. If anything the seats are a little low, I might make some spacers to raise them an inch or 2, for the road or track I think it would be ok, but for AutoX I think I will lose site of the cones too quickly. The driver seat does totally block the hand brake mount, so at the moment I have no hand brake. It did use the stock Miata unit bolted to the side of the tunnel. With these seats you really need a top of the tunnel setup.

My only issue with the seat is they are missing the 5th hole for the 5/6 point harness. It was in the original order, I even put a note in the PayPal payment. But the seats arrived without the 5th hole. The manufacture was helpful at first and realized there mistake, offered to fix the situation. Sending the seats back to the UK is not really a practical option. If I can build a car I can out a hole is a seat. But my requests for detail pictures and some instructions has fallen on deaf ears. So I like the seats, but I would be very cautious dealing with them again.

Graham