LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 28, 2024, 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: RCR Nemesis
PostPosted: May 30, 2009, 11:18 am 

Wow there are lots of choices these days.

www.superlitecars.com

Again not affiliation

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: RCR Nemesis
PostPosted: May 30, 2009, 12:10 pm 

I'd have to say that's one of the better looking "exo-cars" that I've seen so far...Although that blue looks quite nice on that LaBala behind it too.

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: May 30, 2009, 9:24 pm 
The voice of reason

These just look silly to me.

PostPosted: May 31, 2009, 2:38 am 

karlo wrote:
Wow there are lots of choices these days.

And there are a lot of choices in web sites, too. For example, when I want to look at pix and promos of mid engined exocar kits, I always go straight to exocars.net which is chock full of great stuff on cars just like this and kits just like this and artist's conceptions of cars just like this and loads and loads of cool exocar goodies. But on LocostUSA.com, when I click a topic in the <Building From a Kit> forum, I anticipate I'll read something regarding building from a kit.

And not just any kind of kit, either. I know web sites where I can get info on building from an airplane kit, and building from a log cabin kit, and building from a replica Cobra kit and all kinds of car kits, but I come to this particular forum for kit building info for Locosts and their close relatives.

Moderators, do we need to rename this forum "Building From a Locost Kit" or is that implied by the web address? I figure, unless otherwise defined, the words "...a Locost" and "...in the USA" are in the subtext of every subject.

I sure hope I'm not responsible for getting us off base. Yeah, I've temporarily exo'd a Locost by leaving some panelling back home, but that sure doesn't mean I've forgotten my roots.

PostPosted: May 31, 2009, 12:20 pm 

There are many other types of "non-traditional" locosts that have been welcomed with open arms on this site from Atom-esque exo cars, to trikes, to custom designed kit offerings like LaBala. I think it's fair to say that "Locost" is more of a philosophy than a visual shape for many of us...I will agree however that this would probably be better placed in the "Non-Traditional" section, with all the other DIY and Kit/Plan built middys.

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: May 31, 2009, 12:38 pm 
Always Moore!

karlo wrote:
Again not affiliation

Correct me if I'm wrong but is RCR not a sponsor of/sponsored by your site?

I'm not trying to be a jerk with this statement, but the whole Exo-car community seemed to have no issue ousting the people who were building Atom-esque low cost cars and treating them like trash. I am not trying to start some Seven vs. At-om owners war but I think it is very close to insulting to come to a community like this and try to secretly push your's/your sponsor's product.

It seems like the only time you care to post is when it involves something that you have a financial interest in.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 31, 2009, 12:52 pm 
Toyotaphobe

Knowing of the exocar list I immediately thought SPAM, but when some began a conversation then I thought that maybe people were a lot more tolerant here than on there.

It does seem like good marketing to get your info out to every possible source because you never know when someone is cruisin' this site, but really doesn't have the time to build, BUT it would also seem that rather than just post it would make good sense to contact the moderator and work out the limitations and best way to approach it.

A post in the intro section that explains the real story, not a blind post that tries to appear that you just stumbled across a new product that you had no connection to.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: May 31, 2009, 5:22 pm 

It seems like Karlo is pointing out a competitor or two to the cars he sells, rather than something he has a direct connection to. They both (RCR and Six-River) appear to be sponsors of the Exocars site. I understand the concern about someone posting only as free advertising, but pointing out an RCR or Palatov car seems like just enthusiasm for cars of this sort.

BTW - I don't know Karlo and don't have anything to do with any of these three companies. :)

I don't know why an "exo" distinction is needed for any site. I'd be happy with a general term like "4-wheeled motorcycles" or "Track/street cars".

If they're not so nice in their forum then I don't mean to condone that... The couple of posts I see from Karlo recently do seem OK to me though. I think they do fit into "Building from a kit" OK, but the moderators here may know more than I and disagree.

PostPosted: June 1, 2009, 1:35 am 
Weight watcher

DeanD3W wrote:
It seems like Karlo is pointing out a competitor or two to the cars he sells, rather than something he has a direct connection to. They both (RCR and Six-River) appear to be sponsors of the Exocars site.

Yes, it may appear to be that way, but than again some of us know that Karlo is the owner of the website.
That raises the BS flag on the "non-affiliated" part of the statement.

Moti

My R1 powered Locost build log

Visit the Blackbird Fabworx Facebook Page!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]