LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 13, 2013, 9:32 pm 

Here is the info on the Cup holder and the storage/glove box that fits between seats that I had mentioned yesterday.
Attached is a couple shot of the storage bin fabricated to fit between the seats. This unit is roughly 5” wide 5 ½” high and almost 6” deep. Just riveted construction using .050” aluminum. The lid just slide in between the top flanges and two 2nd right angle brackets riveted to the sides of the unit. It is actual just wedged between the seats, and held in place with a small strip of double sided tape on the bottom. I can pull the lid off and slip it behind the bin if I want to us the space for holding a cup or bottled water. The bin is about ¾” recessed from the front seat surface, but one should make sure they have enough arm clearance before fab'ing. I drive with my arms extended so it is not a problem for me.
Also I’ve included a shot of my cup holder that just clip over the tunnel area. The circular rings pivot which allow you to adjust for a standard size cup or a larger thermo mug. The cup holder will actually fold flat and store under my seat once I have finished the coffee, on my cool morning drives up to my brothers place. Dave W

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 15, 2013, 7:54 pm 

That's pretty cool! An interesting idea for the start of a locking glove box of sorts, too. Hmmm...

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: May 15, 2013, 8:08 pm 

Very good. I think it is important to make little storage areas in our cars.

Scrap Metal Build Log viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14558