LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 3, 2014, 4:42 pm 

Hi
I am hopng to buy some seats from JK Composites and I am looking for help from someoen on the west coast might have some that I could sit in prior to buying and importing them?
I am based in SO Cal, but travel extensives up and down the west coast and potentially could arrange to meet.

Much appreciated

thanks
Mike

Last edited by Beardy on March 4, 2014, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 4, 2014, 5:55 pm 

Here is my little story about JK Copmpostes. I ordered their seats, I liked the idea that they did different widths so I could get the widest seats possible. Every email and order detailed 5 whole seats for 5/6 point harness. Well you can guess they arrived with only 4 holes. At first he was apologetic and helpful, but that soon stopped. The best I got out of him was some VERY poor cell phone shots of where the holes should go. It turns out the necessary hole is wider than the gap in the seat pads, so the seat was not designed for the 5th hole. Making the hole is just about impossible without damaging the padding. If you look at the correct mounting info for the 5th belt the entire underside of the seat is wrong and you cannot get the belt far enough forward. And the seats are staggeringly uncomfortable. It's not the lack padding it the lumbar support or 100% lack of it. My seats are going to take major re-construction to be really usable. Just my experience, YMMV

Graham
Chicago