LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
PostPosted: March 25, 2016, 8:10 pm 

Thanks, Raceral, that helps a lot! My wife figures she might have a rack I can play with (sorry - couldn't resist! :D ), so I'll have a look & see if I can find it!

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 10:57 am 

You know... I never even thought about shelf grids! :BH: Total Genius Raceral!!!!

The companies I worked at before make commercial ovens, so stainless grids are the std fare. 18x26 will more than cover that opening!!! I just walked out back to the storage area and picked a couple of likely victims! Used, but perfect for the need!!

I can set the protective mesh I was thinking of using behind it and it'll make the grid and emblem pop a bit!!

Attachment:
DSCN0180.JPG

Thanks Al!!!

K "now why didn't I think of that" S

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 11:05 am 

raceral wrote:
Also found a nice spot for my number 7 that will use two sided tape to attach after I polish it.
Once again Ken thanks a whole bunch for what you did.
Al
Glad it all arrived safe and sound!! You're very welcome! Seeing them used like you did make it worth it!!

That 7 looks awesome on the black heater background. Perfect place for it!

KS

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 11:16 am 

There's all sorts of things you can make a grill from. Mine is a piece of fine expanded aluminum sheet that I cut from a used air filter from a natural gas compressor engine at work.
Kristian

PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 12:13 pm 

turbo_bird wrote:
There's all sorts of things you can make a grill from. Mine is a piece of fine expanded aluminum sheet that I cut from a used air filter from a natural gas compressor engine at work.
Kristian
Yeah... something just clicked when Al mentioned shelf grids!

I had planned on using some of the expanded stainless mesh we use to make pump strainers in the dishwashers as the filler, but I could never decide on the mating between the mesh and the glass and the mounting method for the entire assembly. It obviously isn't rocket science, but some of these little problems really mess with my OCD tendencies and it turns into "analysis paralysis"!

We have rubber edge trimming we use for door seals (got probably 20ft of it out in the storage collecting dust) and between that, the shelf grid and the zip-tie mounting, Al... consider your idea imitated and hope you like the flattery!! :cheers:

Sometimes it is the silliest little things that give me the hardest time. Mount an engine... BAM! Figure out a grill.... hmmmm, errr... ehhhh.... ummmmm... :ack:

K "ADOS Sufferer" S

PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 1:01 pm 

Cheap is always better, if it gets the results you are after, and if you feel it will work for your build, then all is good. :cheers:
It is hard to believe it will be 5 years this July since I had the car registered.
And it still runs :shock:

Al

PostPosted: August 29, 2016, 10:00 am 

You guys made this the greatest Group Buy I have ever been involved in. It went smoothly and no one had a bad word to say about it!! So as a glutton for punishment, I'll open myself up to another one!!! :BH:

So I think I finally figured out something to do with most of the remnants! Check out the post regarding my Wall Clock idea viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18490 and vote your preference! :cheers:

Attachment:
2016-08-27 17.54.13.jpg

Don't post comments here. Please use the link to the actual post and keep this on top of this thread!!

Cheers!

Ken

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27