LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 6, 2011, 9:22 am 

I do not like this hellish computer based stuff and I will be delighted to mail my MicroSquirt module and laptop USB cable to a good home for half of what I paid . The thing was hooked up to my engine once and my son who deals with computers for a living pulled out his hair in the face of the rather incoherent installation manual for this product. We both decided to drop it. The module may be fine to some of you guys who have a better understanding of the engine/computer interface science. For us (me in particular) this is the end of the road for this kind of technology. I am too old for that.

If anyone is interested I will ship this item . e-mail me at syp@hotmail.ca

Philippe

PostPosted: October 7, 2011, 6:48 pm 

Email sent.

Just for wonderment, what is the microsquirt? We all know the megasquirt but what's the difference? Any websites for explaination or such?

And what vehicle and for what uses(just fuel, fuel and ignition) are you trying to use it on? Maybe some of can help get you going so you don't have to sell?

mitsu 4g63 powered 442e - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7317&start=0

PostPosted: October 7, 2011, 7:03 pm 

Sorry, I bought this a while back, so it's not available anymore.

I have it running, works great (thanks Philippe for the awesome deal!).

Microsquirt is a miniaturized version of Megasquirt 2. It has a nice weatherproof connector, and a much smaller case. It's also set up for 2 ignition outputs out of the box, not one like a Megasquirt 2. The downside is that it's much harder to modify, and it costs more. It's aimed at motorcycles, but it works for nearly any engine. I'm using it on a SHO V6.

Megasquirt is tricky to install because the instructions have to be written in an "open-ended" way, to accomodate all the different engines it could be installed on. My first Megasquirted motor, I was able to find a specific walkthrough for setting Megasquirt up on that engine, so it was a lot easier. Now, I know what I'm doing a bit more, so setting the Microsquirt up wasn't a big deal. Definitely a steep learning curve, but so nice once it's going.

EDIT - Just noticed you've got a 4g63, that's the engine I found the walkthrough for. Here's a link. I did it a little differently than this, since I was installing Megasquirt 3, and had sequential injection + ignition.

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_article ... _laser.htm