LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Derale Fan
PostPosted: March 21, 2016, 6:03 pm 

I had a bit of an emergency right before the Dixie tour that my fan stopped working. Rather then buy a cheap crappy fan I started reading spec sheets and picked a good quality powerful fan. I bought Derale fan http://amzn.to/25gFvkc mine is 12" and a 2 level fan. Mine was just over $100 which is not cheap but well worth it in my opinion and they have lost of sizes and specs available.

I am so happy with the product so thought I would share, right out of the box you could feel that it was good quality, with nice clear instructions. It is also a 2 level fan, currently I have only 1 level setup up will add the 2nd on a switch for post run cool off. It draws up to 21 Amps on full power (high amps is the best way to tell fan power apparently).

Anyway normally when my car idles or after a run the coolant would overflow a little and then steam. However with this fan I didn't lose a drop of coolant so it is doing a great job. Just thought I would share as it is nice when you find a good product.

Scrap Metal Build Log viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14558