LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: LocostUSA Logo Contest!
PostPosted: August 28, 2011, 12:17 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

I like all the recent energy behind a LocostUSA.com bumper sticker, t-shirt, etc. If only we had an awesome logo!!! Fortunately, I *know* I'm no artist, so I'm not going to even try to come up with something.

Soo...who around here is good with an airbrush or a mouse? Come up with your vision of LocostUSA's essence (or at least an eye-catching logo) and you could win a "Major Award."

Attachment:
lamp.jpg

The selected entry(ies) will win the acclaim and gratitude of all, the pride and satisfaction of a job well done, not to mention a pile of swag. Oh, and a hundred bucks. (No joke!)

Post your ideas in this thread, send them to me in a PM, or fax it to my dog's email address. Bonus points for adaptability to a long roll bar sticker, small sponsor-size sticker, web-ready header, CNC modelling, etc.

At a minimum, the logo must have "LocostUSA.com" in it. Beyond that, the sky's the limit! This *must* be your own, original work, with no copyrighted content owned by others. More details will be posted here as we make them up, but you get the gist of it -- so get drawing/painting/sculpting/modelling!

-dave

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: August 28, 2011, 9:28 pm 

My three ideas, very simple, would be OK for bumper sticker. Tried to make this British Racing Green & Yellow, not John Deere corporate colors.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: August 28, 2011, 11:34 pm 

man i suck at this.. but you get the idea.. :cheers:
KIWI DAVE

PostPosted: August 29, 2011, 4:31 am 

Hey Dave, ya got a deadline for entries?

PostPosted: August 29, 2011, 7:59 am 

Heres another one from down under

:cheers: KIWI DAVE

PostPosted: August 29, 2011, 3:36 pm 

I can make screen printed decals (bumper stickers) and add a clear polyurethane like dome to badges like the jpeg below.
I can make several text changes within the run if we get some clever slogans agreed upon.
We also make static cling (no adhesive) decals, for those without a commitment gene. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 29, 2011, 5:17 pm 

:D :D :D :D :D :D
I like this one!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming, 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!'"

~Bill McKenna

PostPosted: August 29, 2011, 6:36 pm 

Quote:
A color circular badge along the lines of the Lotus design where Locost replaces the word Lotus and USA, well you get the gist.

Exactly what I was talkin' 'bout. Nice job. :cheers: I tried but my photoshop skills are really bad. Just a few tweaks on the shade of green to look less like JD's Lime green and more like the real Lotus green. Sorry Gonzo.

I'd suggest also to make the sticker cutout shaped as an arch with this at the top and the word LOCOSTUSA.COM underneath in the waste area, Just to get a bit o' advertising

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: August 29, 2011, 10:50 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

krepus wrote:
Hey Dave, ya got a deadline for entries?

You give me WAY too much organizational credit, Krep. At least two weeks, I'd say. Maybe longer...depends on how things roll...

Keep 'em coming, folks!

-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: August 30, 2011, 12:09 am 

Here's a concept I came up with real quick. I was trying to keep it as a simple line art, so it will be easily translated into t-shirt logos, and those cool laser cut stickers that end up as individual letters.

EDIT: 8/30- I played around more with the image and improved it a little. Here are my submissions:

This is just a general idea, so any suggestions for colors and fonts is appreciated. If you can't tell, the line above is the silhouette of a typical Lotus 7, and in the logo with the big O's, the O's are supposed to be wheels. :lol: I thought maybe some people would like it better without the two strange big O's, so I made one without them just to see. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by andrewt on August 30, 2011, 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: August 30, 2011, 2:17 am 

redbull wrote:
:D :D :D :D :D :D
I like this one!

Me Too!

PostPosted: August 30, 2011, 7:59 am 
-the man.

This one has my vote!!!!

Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

PostPosted: August 30, 2011, 10:29 am 

I've been looking more closely at 53SLED's logo. Might I suggest a few small changes? Privide a bit more green between the letters of LOCOST to make it "POP". In addition, I think the "U" in USA is overly tall and narrow. I have sketched up an alternative stylized "USA". The new U would be essentially the large "C" in the Lotus badge rotated 90 degrees and adding a serif. The "S" and "A" would be elongated at the bottom similar to the Lotus logo too. Perhaps with 53SLED's talent, he could art-up a version using this offering as a basis?

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: August 30, 2011, 4:37 pm 

rx7locost wrote:
I've been looking more closely at 53SLED's logo. Might I suggest a few small changes? Privide a bit more green between the letters of LOCOST to make it "POP". In addition, I think the "U" in USA is overly tall and narrow. I have sketched up an alternative stylized "USA". The new U would be essentially the large "C" in the Lotus badge rotated 90 degrees and adding a serif. The "S" and "A" would be elongated at the bottom similar to the Lotus logo too. Perhaps with 53SLED's talent, he could art-up a version using this offering as a basis?

Needs a few adjustments, but I gotta run.

PostPosted: August 30, 2011, 9:08 pm 

I like it. I can't speak for the others.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next