LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: February 10, 2013, 5:00 pm 

I still prefer a "sticker' that does not conflict with any particular car's color scheme. Any logo with a color may not look right on some other colors. For example, the lime green and yellow logo on a candy apple red car. That is why I prefer some design done on a clear vinyl with black printing outlined in white.

For reference, here is my black and white logo on 4 different colored panels. Keep in mind, this shows the same sticker not 4 different versions of the sticker. With the clear vinyl backing, it is the car's color that becomes the background color seen.

Attachment:
logo green.JPG
Attachment:
logo red.JPG
Attachment:
logo black.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: February 10, 2013, 8:13 pm 

Attachment:
2013-02-10 15.58.28-1.jpg
Well heres a quick scetchup of another possible IDEA. ( not finished ) i agree we should use Chet's car, but i always liked the look of these cars from the rearview. This is from the bottom of Jack's fender sectionof his site. i was trying to keep it simple, and maybe even another outlined locost, or at least not so much detail, to appeal to broader spectrum of cars?

I also like both quotes/slogans from the site: "for us locost builders in the colonies" and "learning to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!"

I especially like the last one, to save us all some explaining of what a Locost is.

But, if we go with a outline style one, the first slogan helps set us apart from Locostbuilders

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: February 11, 2013, 4:11 am 

rx7locost wrote:
I still prefer a "sticker' that does not conflict with any particular car's color scheme. Any logo with a color may not look right on some other colors. For example, the lime green and yellow logo on a candy apple red car. That is why I prefer some design done on a clear vinyl with black printing outlined in white.

For reference, here is my black and white logo on 4 different colored panels. Keep in mind, this shows the same sticker not 4 different versions of the sticker. With the clear vinyl backing, it is the car's color that becomes the background color seen.

Attachment:
logo green.JPG
Attachment:
logo red.JPG
Attachment:
logo black.JPG

I, for one, like this idea. A lot.

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: February 11, 2013, 4:47 am 

rx7, ya got my vote for the longer roll bar sticker and the square panel sticker... in exactly the model you have there.

PostPosted: February 11, 2013, 9:14 am 

Krepus,

I assume you mean this one?

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: February 11, 2013, 4:40 pm 

My preference...and it's only a preference; I'd be pleased to have any* of these visuals** applied to my car...is the top ones on Page 11, because:

-I like the red white and blue color scheme, as it implies USA (unless you're in France) and is a gentle parody of all the serious sports that use this style of logo (a white icon splitting a blue and red background).
-I like the car flat (we rarely run Locosts on banking, and we rarely regain control of them if we get them canted that much on flat ground).
-Much as I like the look of Chet's car (if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have bought it) I think the more iconic/stylized representation is better for a sticker you'll stick on a Locost. If people want a realistic visual representation of a Locost, they can look at your car, duh.
-The simpler lines of the RW&B icon version make it easier to comprehend at a glance or from a distance.

However I might prefer the LOCOSTUSA.COM text below the car be in a single color. Red, probably. Maybe blue. Definitely not white.

*Excluding the goats
**Including Miss Jamaican Universe

PostPosted: February 11, 2013, 6:29 pm 
We are Slotus!

Lonnie-S wrote:
krepus wrote:
That green, black and yellow looks like the Jamaican flag and kind of reminds me of a Bob Marley tshirt!

Kewl. Maybe we should adopt the motto, "Don't worry, be happy" too since we're in a Jamaican kind of way.

Now, do they have goats in Jamaica? I know they have this girl. I wonder if she'll hold a goat to make olde JD happy? :headbang:

Nooo problem, Mon... You hold de goats, I hold Miss Jamaica! And TWWTFM, she find out, it all be one big Jamaica-Mistaka on me! :ack:

Peace, Love and Bob Marley Albums-
J(amaica)DK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: February 13, 2013, 5:51 am 

Yes, rx7 that is the one

PostPosted: February 20, 2013, 6:12 pm 

+1 to rx7's idea

PostPosted: February 21, 2013, 12:54 pm 

Seems like we need to pick 2 or 3 of the most popular ones and fire up a poll to determine the winner....

PostPosted: February 21, 2013, 2:04 pm 

Quote:
Seems like we need to pick 2 or 3 of the most popular ones and fire up a poll to determine the winner....

Then what? A year and a half since we started this thread and we can't come to some consensus. Once a design is voted, then we'll have to send money to someone (I don't see anybody volunteering?) and they will have to have these made and then shipped individually.

If this ever gets finalized and one of my designs get chosen, I'll be glad to provide my artwork to whomever in PDF form or in MS Publisher form. Maybe somebody out to just go out and "do it". Choose one design that they like, then have them made at their own cost and then sell them at a small profit. I will not claim copyright infringement nor nothing!

Frankly, I have lost ambition and interest. It was fun though.

PostPosted: March 25, 2013, 1:47 am 

I'm getting price quotes on the below as a bumper sticker, 3.75" high x 11.5" wide, artfully designed so one can cut off the text and just have the logo (or for that matter, just have the text). It's my response to traditional performance car advertizing.*

The fine print (in blue, lower right) reads "counsel and components from KineticVehicles.com" thus making this a business expense. But hey, you've got scissors.

Anyway, if they're cheap enough in few enough hundreds, y'all can have them for cost and postage.

*For the full rant, click http://www.motherearthnews.com/energy-m ... z2OWmSW3rp

PostPosted: March 25, 2013, 2:40 pm 

Damn! Where's the "Like" button? Oh yeah, this ain't Facebook. Well, I LIKE it! :cheers:

PostPosted: March 25, 2013, 3:22 pm 

+1 for Jack's! ill buy one

PostPosted: March 25, 2013, 5:26 pm 

Me too! I'm in!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next