Use Local Motors tubular steel chassis (3D CAD file and 2D blueprints available for download in the ignition kit) that has:
•18" (45cm) of independent Front Suspension travel
•20" (50cm) Rear Suspension Travel
• Solid Rear axle, (Ford 9 3/4 axle)
• Rear wheel drive
• Front and Rear stabilizer bars and rear Watts link setup.
The suspension mounting points, engine location, base chassis, wheelbase, and track width should not be changed in any way
This proof of concept vehicle will use the GM LS3 V8 powertrain If this vehicle were to go into production, the actual powertrain would vary.
Passengers: Up to 5 including driver.
- up to 4 seated passengers including driver
- up to 2 seated passengers including the driver and the ability to carry up to 3 passengers plus their gear in the prone position (laying down) for evacuations.
- 1 Driver and the rest of the space used for cargo
• How you "package" passengers and/ or cargo is up to you, however you may not change the location of the driver. Your options are endless, but keep in mind key aspects such as visibility and ease of ingress and egress. See the following images for some examples. Your packaging may differ.
Vehicle should be highly mobile. Keep the side rails high.
Visibility is key: This vehicle should have the ability to have visibility like a control tower. This would help a Tactical Air Liaison Officer (TALO) help communicate with and see incoming aircraft.
Some place from where the vehicle can be defended if necessary
Easy ingress and egress for the driver and co driver
Best survivability possible for the occupants - Diver and co-driver locations cannot be changed, however the vehicle could be wider, and packs could be mounted on the outside-- every centimeter of distance from the exterior of the vehicle to the passenger increases the chances of survivability.
Potential location for 360 degree, horizon to horizon protection.
Maximum Loaded Vehicle weight cannot exceed 6,000lbs (2,721kg)
that means the heavier the car, the smaller payload you can carry.
Maximum Towing capacity: 4000 lbs (1,814kg)
Vehicle should have the ability to self recover - pull itself out of getting stuck.