LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Moto IQ Radio
PostPosted: July 13, 2012, 12:24 am 

Hey guys,
If there is enough interest on this board Will might be interested in doing a show on Locosts. It would involve 5-10 people willing to call in and talk about them. Plus there is a chat room to it where everyone can join in and bs or ask questions. It would be on a wednesday at 7 to about 9pm PST.

Yep I got a build:

Post subject: Re: Moto IQ Radio
PostPosted: July 13, 2012, 9:48 am 

Sounds interesting, what would it entail? Would it be internet based, or actual radio? I'm a talk radio junky, although I usually listen to the political stuff (Limbaugh, Hannity, Humphries, etc.), but automotive stuff is always good.

Post subject: Re: Moto IQ Radio
PostPosted: July 13, 2012, 12:26 pm 

Moto IQ is an automotive website (http://www.motoiq.com) that caters to the younger tuner and enthusiast crowd. I have not tried listening to their internet radio shows. They are internet based and I believe previous shows are archived and made available through their website.

In general, I like checking out some of the feature articles, but like most automotive journalism, it gives lots of "we did something this way" without really digging in the painful details and minutia that make difference between a project being successful and someone getting blocked because they lack the knowledge and experience to work through the really tough problems. They do a decent job of handing out some good "how to" ideas and basic automotive understanding.

It might be a good venue for building awareness and enthusiasm among younger potential builders, and it would probably introduce some new people to the whole locost idea.