LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Welcome to The Builders Logs. This area is for showing your current build/your completed car. Please only create a thread if you are currently building a car/showing off a finished project. Please do not create any other topics in this forum; any other subject should be posted in the correct forum. Please also only create one thread per user per project.

PostPosted: October 23, 2008, 3:04 am 

Hi all,

I have created a new photo gallery of my completed Locost. Here is a link to the album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/marktsui1975/MarkSLocost#

Enjoy!
Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23, 2008, 8:50 am 
The voice of reason

I'm always impressed when I see one of these finished. Good job, I hope you can take time from driving it o read here and give advice or encouragement!

Awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23, 2008, 10:01 am 

Thanks for the submission Mark, and congrats for getting your car in GRM magazine! :thmbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23, 2008, 11:44 am 

Mark,

Your car looks Awesome. Great Job! Thanks for sharing your pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23, 2008, 3:26 pm 

Thanks guys!

horizenjob, I'll keep my eyes on the board and jump in where I can. It's a shame to see projects that don't get finished, so I'm more than happy if I can answer a question to help someone get past a stumbling block.

Happy building!
Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23, 2008, 6:22 pm 

Looks great. You finished yours pretty quick from what I remember too. I'm hoping to be done soon as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23, 2008, 7:14 pm 

Quote:
Hi all,

I have created a new photo gallery of my completed Locost. Here is a link to the album:

You did a great job, congrats! I liked your adapted trailer fenders, I've seen something similar at my local TSC store and wondered how well they might work. The don't seem too heavy and are also very ridged.

How happy are you with those? Please tell me if you would use those again or go with the glass ones...

Additionally, did you use a late-model Mazda part on your front tie rods, they look familiar?

Once again, GREAT JOB!

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23, 2008, 8:16 pm 

I was flipping through the pics and I cringed when I saw the carnage. Very nice car!

Your use of the stock gauge cluster looks much better than some I've seen before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23, 2008, 8:45 pm 

Quote:
Looks great. You finished yours pretty quick from what I remember too. I'm hoping to be done soon as well.

It took me 3 years and 3 months, working on it about 10 hours per week.

Quote:
You did a great job, congrats! I liked your adapted trailer fenders, I've seen something similar at my local TSC store and wondered how well they might work. The don't seem too heavy and are also very ridged.

How happy are you with those? Please tell me if you would use those again or go with the glass ones...

Additionally, did you use a late-model Mazda part on your front tie rods, they look familiar?

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I would use them again becasue they were cheap but more importantly, becasue most of the fiberglass ones I've seen aren't long enough to wrap around the back of the tire far enough. you risk getting hit with stones, and I don't think it looks as good anyway.

The one disadvantage to the steel fenders is their weight. The brackets that hold them up are subjected to some pretty strong vibrations, which are worse with heavy fenders. I had to beef up my brackets twice becasue they were developing cracks. If you use steel fenders, make the brackets to hold them as strong as possible!

The tie rods are the ones that came with the rack (1980 Terel).

Quote:
Your use of the stock gauge cluster looks much better than some I've seen before.

Thanks! I used them to save money, and becasue I couldn't find an adapter to connect the Toyota transmission speedometer output drive to an aftermarket speedometer.

Mark