LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 19, 2024, 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 25, 2010, 8:10 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

rx7locost wrote:
This morning, all of the posts in this thread, back to Gonzo's Oct 21, 2010 7:13 am post, now show up as unread. I know that I read them all up to rust_bucket's post last night.

Ahh...I think I know what the problem is: If you've read every post ever, you're spending *way* too much time online. I'll talk to your wife, kids, boss and dog and see about diverting some of that energy into other pursuits.

-dave "problem solved" hempy

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: October 25, 2010, 3:09 pm 

dhempy wrote:
rx7locost wrote:
This morning, all of the posts in this thread, back to Gonzo's Oct 21, 2010 7:13 am post, now show up as unread. I know that I read them all up to rust_bucket's post last night.

Ahh...I think I know what the problem is: If you've read every post ever, you're spending *way* too much time online. I'll talk to your wife, kids, boss and dog and see about diverting some of that energy into other pursuits.

-dave "problem solved" hempy

Alternately, I've found that if you just use the "Mark topics read" link above the "Last Post" entry in the parent forum, then it usually manages to reset any "stuck" threads.

As for no life, some of us have to live vicariously through others while awaiting all the correct bits for our own projects, lol. Besides, you can never predict where or when interesting gems of knowledge will show up on this forum.

PostPosted: October 26, 2010, 4:54 pm 

I'm only showing five entries in the "View active topics" window.

PostPosted: October 27, 2010, 9:20 am 
Lumbering Giant

Today there are three from 'In Theory It could Work' plus a global announcement.

Selection criteria, mayhap.

PostPosted: October 27, 2010, 11:50 am 
Toyotaphobe

I've apparently not been having any troubles at all the new system. I just continued to use my old bookmark for new posts and things are still working fine.

Of course if I were missing a few I'd never know it, but volumes seem comparable to before the changeover.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: November 1, 2010, 11:03 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

Today's free Locost 7 Hero Award goes to our man, mattrogers!

Thanks for researching the View Active Topics problem and pointing us to the solution! Looks to be working now! :-)

-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway

PostPosted: November 1, 2010, 9:19 pm 

dhempy wrote:
Today's free Locost 7 Hero Award goes to our man, mattrogers!

Thanks for researching the View Active Topics problem and pointing us to the solution! Looks to be working now! :-)

-dave
I did not win a numbered award! I won a free Locost 7 Hero Award!

Glad I could help. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 2, 2010, 9:24 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

mattrogers wrote:
I did not win a numbered award! I won a free Locost 7 Hero Award!

I am number two. You are number six.

-dave "we want information" hempy

PostPosted: November 22, 2010, 11:30 pm 

I'm wondering if I have been grouped such that all my posts have to be approved. The only post that has been approved is in the "post your daily driver and a joke" thread. I've attempted to post several times, and the subscriptions even show I posted in the threads, but they are not present when I load the threads. I wonder if this will show up?

Finished product: http://www.fawbush.org/images/2012_8_19_buggy/2012_8_19_first_drive_6.JPG

PostPosted: November 26, 2010, 1:05 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

You should be good, wj. You've got 12 posts, so your posts should not be moderated: search.php?author_id=13016&sr=posts

Please follow up here and let me know if it doesn't appear on the site instantly.

-dave