LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lost my for sale post?
PostPosted: July 12, 2017, 2:21 pm 

Hit the preview button to see what it & pix would look like and tried to return to the post, but it seemed to be GONE!!!.
Any way to get help from administrators to save my work.
Thanks,
Don

PostPosted: July 12, 2017, 3:47 pm 

Let me see if I've got this right: You made a post, hit 'preview', saw the preview, then hit the 'back' button, and it was all gone?...And nothing else happened in there either? Did you try hitting the 'forward' button to see if the preview page was still there?

You know you can edit the post directly from the 'preview' page just by scrolling down, right? No going back necessary. In fact I kind of thought that was normal for it to lose everything when going back like that...But I just tried it on this post, and at least when it comes to text only posts, apparently that's not the case. So I'm not sure what might have happened. I'll be interested to see what the experts have to say.

I'm not going to lie, I've on more than one occasion done things like forget to 'remember me' when logging-in and then making a long post only to have it be lost when I go to preview or post it because I need to log-in again, among a few other uncommon scenarios. When making longer posts, I have since made a habbit of selecting the entire text of my post with the cursor, and Ctrl+C'ing it before hitting preview or post...And for really long ones that may not get posted immediately, occasionally I have been known to even write it in Word before copying it over to the forum.

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: July 12, 2017, 5:09 pm 

N. Versailles Cobra wrote:
Hit the preview button to see what it & pix would look like and tried to return to the post, but it seemed to be GONE!!!.
Any way to get help from administrators to save my work.
Thanks,
Don

I don't know any way to recover the post. The preview function shows the way it will look in a window ABOVE the reply window. If you like what you see, you don't back up. You SCROLL down to the reply window and then hit the Submit button. Even if you want to edit it, you can scroll down, edit in the reply window and hit preview again. ad infinitum.

Sorry you lost everything. If it is any consolation, I think we've all lost posts at one time or another. Sometimes I've even lost a post twice in a row. That's when I write in Word then copy/paste into the reply window. :ack:

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: July 12, 2017, 5:32 pm 
Mid-Engined Maniac

Yeah I think hitting Back is what did you in, as it simply goes back to the previous location on the interweb - it doesn't bring along what you wrote.

Whenever I write a long post, right before hitting Submit, I cntl-C the entire text block, just in case. As was said, it happens to everyone.

PostPosted: July 12, 2017, 7:41 pm 

Thanks guys,
Looks like all good advise. I do have a copy of the unedited post on my computer so won't have to retype the whole deal. Was looking for an "easier" way to correct my screw up. Should have edited the one pix out as suggested and hit submit and may have been OK.
Tomorrow is another day. Thanks again.
Don