LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently July 23, 2019, 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cookie issues?
PostPosted: January 17, 2006, 4:34 pm 
Cookie issues?

I remember seeing a post a little bit ago about issues with logging in and cookies, etc, but can't seem to find it now. I'm currently experiencing some issues with staying logged in here, despite checking the checkbox to keep me logged in and the fact that my cookie settings are set properly.

I'm wondering if the cookie domain setting in the forum admin panel may have gotten cleared somehow. I know on my personal website in the forums section, for a while it was set to a default value of YourSite.com or something similar and it took me a bit to figure out the problem and fix it. I'm wondering if something similar may be happening here. Of course, if no one else is having these problems, then it may just be that they've upped the security settings for 3rd party cookies on my computer here at work.

Anyone else having trouble?
-Erik

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17, 2006, 4:38 pm 

I recently upgraded the forum software and that definitely did change some things. I have 2 computers at home. One is an older one that runs 98SE and it doesn't like to stay logged on. On the other hand both my computer here at work and my laptop at home, both of which run XP have no issues whatsoever. I to be honest don't know what is going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17, 2006, 6:47 pm 
Fwiw, Calvin just setup a new phpbb on my hosting service and we haven't had any cookie or premature thread read marking issues. Kinda odd. The url is http://www.hamptonroadsrotaryclub.com/forum

dale

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 18, 2006, 1:10 am 

phooka wrote:
Fwiw, Calvin just setup a new phpbb on my hosting service and we haven't had any cookie or premature thread read marking issues. Kinda odd. The url is http://www.hamptonroadsrotaryclub.com/forum

dale

OK, you've got a PM. I'm giving you the keys to the site and we'll see if you can and he figure it out. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 25, 2006, 3:56 pm 

I fixed it on another board I admin - go to the admin panel

Then under General Admin, Configuration. Then under Cookie settings set Cookie domain to locostusa.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 25, 2006, 4:08 pm 

Thanks Dave. I did what you said, is it working for you yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 25, 2006, 5:39 pm 

seems to be working 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 25, 2006, 10:24 pm 
Weird.... now it's making me log in every time I log on. I'm using Firefox, if that matters and the program is configured to accept cookies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26, 2006, 12:39 am 

you might have to clear you cookies and then you should be able to stay logged in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26, 2006, 1:20 pm 

the JoKeR wrote:
Weird.... now it's making me log in every time I log on. I'm using Firefox, if that matters and the program is configured to accept cookies.

Yeah, me too. No problems before, but now I'm having trouble logging in. I just deleted my cookies as Dave suggested so we'll see if that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28, 2006, 1:29 am 

chetcpo wrote:
the JoKeR wrote:

Yeah, me too. No problems before, but now I'm having trouble logging in. I just deleted my cookies as Dave suggested so we'll see if that helps.

OK I changed it back. Too many people emailing me having trouble logging in. I too have had difficulty, even after deleting my cookies.