LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 25, 2024, 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 11:14 pm 

My posts keep saying they need to be viewed by a moderator before they are posted. Is this cause I'm new?

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 12:03 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

Lotus Inspired wrote:
My posts keep saying they need to be viewed by a moderator before they are posted. Is this cause I'm new?

You hit the nail on the head, Inspired. But don't take it personally!

We've had an influx of spam from zombie robots that have figured out how to crack the "type in the numbers in this picture" feature of the registration page. So we've turned on a feature that requires the first few posts a new member makes to be reviewed by moderators.

Trust us, this isn't to make sure you're the "right kind" of Locoster or that you're using a donor that we approve of. Heck, we don't even mind Locost vendors that make occasional product plugs, so long as that's not the only reason they're here. It is only to protect all of us from offers of "manly enhancemnet durgs" or solicitations to receive US$10000000 dollars from the slain President of Nimbalia's widow.

After a new member has had their first few posts approved, all future posts will appear on the site without further review or delay. We hope every appreciates the value of this small setback.

-dave "your post has been approved" hempy

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 12:18 am 

I can understand that.

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 12:30 am 
Weight watcher

Lotus Inspired wrote:

I really appreciate your response.
Like I said I can make the approval issue go away so please withdraw your posts from the forum.
I will also like you to know that I will accept payments by check only.
I will provide you with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

1. My full name to be on the check
2. My Home address
3. My phone number.

**I will like you to know that I will not be responsible for moving posts to the forum until I cashed the check**

Have a nice day!

Just Kidding! :lol:

Moti

BTW, this was an actual email I got this week from someone that answered a FS ad I posted on craigslist, I just changed it a bit to fit..

My R1 powered Locost build log

Visit the Blackbird Fabworx Facebook Page!

PostPosted: May 7, 2009, 1:14 am 

Blackbird wrote:
Lotus Inspired wrote:

I really appreciate your response.
Like I said I can make the approval issue go away so please withdraw your posts from the forum.
I will also like you to know that I will accept payments by check only.
I will provide you with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

1. My full name to be on the check
2. My Home address
3. My phone number.

**I will like you to know that I will not be responsible for moving posts to the forum until I cashed the check**

Have a nice day!

Just Kidding! :lol:

Moti

BTW, this was an actual email I got this week from soeone that answered a FS ad I poted on craigslist, I just changed it a bit to fit..

I got some spam like that

PostPosted: May 12, 2009, 4:08 am 

So it's at the mercy of the active moderators in the specific forums? I posted a pretty legit thread in the Exterior section several days ago and it still isn't up.

Downside is until I get an answer or some feedback all I can do is twiddle my thumbs and stare at a half built chassis. :|

-Aaron

PostPosted: May 12, 2009, 11:45 pm 

Euro Nation wrote:
So it's at the mercy of the active moderators in the specific forums? I posted a pretty legit thread in the Exterior section several days ago and it still isn't up.

Downside is until I get an answer or some feedback all I can do is twiddle my thumbs and stare at a half built chassis. :|

Pretty much. Until you make 2 posts that are approved by a moderator, you have to twiddle. Sorry. Beats the heck out of spammers wasting everyone's time. :wink:

PostPosted: May 13, 2009, 12:44 am 

Yeah, it's been a while since I had my own forum but I remember the days when all it took was a captia. IIRC this forum has a captia and admin approval rights and spammers still get through. I don't really understand why they try so hard... it can't imagine it works well in advertising.

Whatever, I think I'm past to two approved post minimum so on with the spamming... of questions and build threads. Thanks!

-Aaron

PostPosted: May 13, 2009, 10:22 am 
Hack

I imagine in most cases they don't care if forum members click through. They're just trying to find an easy way to get a link up to their site to improve their google page rank.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...