Well bevins, you're in for a treat - I started on the front suspension a little while back. I've been spending some time after work on a lathe in my building making some spacers and such to make it work, but I've managed to get a working solution, I think.
The details of how the design came about are in this thread
, but basically the lower ball joint is attached to the spindle from the underside now, instead of from the top down, using a taper reversing spacer I made. The upper pivot is a rod end (heim joint) attached to a 4" long spacer which fits into the upper ball joint mount on the spindle with the original camber adjuster removed. The lower ball joint is a K6527, which I think is off a grand am. It has a 2"/foot taper, or about 10 degrees.
I've started fabricating the lower A-arms. They are similar to one I saw posted on the forum before - haynes roadster maybe? Anyway, I haven't decided if this is the design I'm going to go with, or more of a book style one with the plate on top of the tubes. I'm not real happy with the welding on this one either - I'm just learning to arc weld. Almost all of the welding on my chassis was oxy-acetelyne, which is great for thin stuff but gets a bit tedious on thicker metal, I find. Also, refilling my little tanks is getting expensive. The arc welding is a crappy 115v unit (70 max) from Canadian Tire, which I borrowed from a friend. I've been thinking about getting one of the chinese made 3-in-1 (tig/arc/plasma cutter) units I see on ebay and amazon, but I've been hesitating because I'm not sure about the quality, and because I don't have 220V in my garage right now.