LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: April 5, 2013, 11:33 pm 

I insured mine last week. That's probably why it's raining heavily now :(

Did you see the write-up about the Caterham crowd doing their drive next summer? Good chance for you to join them and do the Duffy lake road to Pemberton where they're stopping for the night. I'm thinking of going up to Pemberton and tag along for the drive down to Horseshoe Bay. Maybe some of the other BC Sevens will be interested in that leg also and we can have a mini meet in Pemberton.

Ron

PostPosted: April 7, 2013, 9:16 am 

Pemberton?
I'm somewhat familiar with it. Easy to get lost up here. Let me know if I can help with anything, like directions. There are rumours about installing a second traffic light this summer. The gridlock could be brutal. Maybe an eye-in- the-sky will be necessary. :)

My build log:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14520&start=0
My build video:
https://vimeo.com/143524140 password "matovid"

PostPosted: April 7, 2013, 6:55 pm 

That could very well be a plan for some of us, it sounds good. Maybe on to the island as well.

Here is a little present my good friend Tom Tai gave me..... He has a opel GT with a V8 in it so he is a certified gearhead...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 22, 2013, 7:12 pm 

Well I just had an interesting thing happen. I've been fiddling with getting my carbs set up as I was still getting some spitting back and a real bog if I stomped on the throttle. I was going to pull the carbs and put in 34mm chokes so I unplugged the fuel pump and was going to run the carbs dry. It farted around and never would run and I also thought I heard some thing rattle around on the pan under the steering rack. Ready? turns out the five screws that hold the adjustable cam gear on the exhaust cam had backed out and the last one left finally fell out and let the cam gear turn. After all the work on the motor I hope it was still a non interference motor. I'll post an update when I get the valve timing back and fire it up.

PostPosted: May 23, 2013, 6:34 pm 

Still a non interference motor :D Still have to sort out the carbs :cry:

PostPosted: May 29, 2013, 9:02 pm 

Don't bother trying too set up weber carbs if half your intake manifold nuts are loose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: May 29, 2013, 9:27 pm 
We are Slotus!

dfdahl wrote:
Don't bother trying too set up weber carbs if half your intake manifold nuts are loose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been there, done that, feel your pain... Tried to get a decent idle out of an MGB with twin SUs. Couldn't get it to smoothe out no matter what I did. :BH:

Finally, I noticed that the whole front carb was wobbly on the manifold. Barely hanging on, both nuts were really loose. :roll:

:cheers:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 29, 2013, 11:46 pm 

Interesting!

When my Locost first got on the road, the intake nuts came loose, too. They've been good since (and I learned how useless the cheap KMS 3/8" torque wrenches are - if you creep up on the torque, it won't click. Then you replace the stud.)

I did have an epoxied plug pop out of one of the GSXR throttle bodies one summer (plugging an injector hole). That ran a bit strange.

I think I've driven my 7 twice since I put plates on. Before all this rain.....

G

PostPosted: May 30, 2013, 12:42 pm 

I think I've driven my 7 twice since I put plates on. Before all this rain.....

G[/quote]
I know, I thought my wife had surreptitiously moved me out to the wet coast.......

PostPosted: June 17, 2013, 11:10 pm 

OK still sorting out the webers. The idle circuit has been the problem, this circuit really runs things up to about 2500 0r 3000 rpm's. I've had lean indications all along and couldn't figure out why. Today I pulled out one of the idle circuit needle valves and found that they were wrong. I had a couple in my parts bin but of course needed four. I cranked out a couple on the lathe so I could at least try this fix and I think I'm on the right track. Ordered some new ones but will do some testing with what I have now. I'll let ya'll know what happens.......

PostPosted: July 10, 2013, 9:19 pm 

Well progress at last. I got my new needle valves and today I got a batch of idle jets that I bought in Ebay. I believe I've licked the lean problem in the idle circuit. Now I need to see how the high speed circuit is doing. It seems to use a ton of gas so it might be a bit rich up there. Ever hopeful!!!!!

PostPosted: July 10, 2013, 11:43 pm 

David,

Do you have a wide band AFR sensor and gauge? If not I would strongly suggest one to you. Invaluable for finding rich or lean situations.

PostPosted: July 12, 2013, 6:26 pm 

No I don't have a AFR, I'm still pretending it's a locost! :lol:

PostPosted: July 12, 2013, 6:55 pm 

David,

I've seen your build log. Looks to me you gave up 'Locost' a long time ago :D
It does seem to slip away in the flash of a credit card.

PostPosted: July 12, 2013, 9:37 pm 

benny_toe wrote:
David,

I've seen your build log. Looks to me you gave up 'Locost' a long time ago :D
It does seem to slip away in the flash of a credit card.

OH OH!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next