LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 14, 2024, 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: KIWI SLOCOST
PostPosted: April 23, 2012, 4:50 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Everybody confused now? Chaos reigns supreme? OK, my work is finished...
:cheers:
JDK

Worse yet, my g/f just told me I can't use "She Who Must Be Obeyed."

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: April 23, 2012, 5:11 pm 
We are Slotus!

geek49203 wrote:
GonzoRacer wrote:
Everybody confused now? Chaos reigns supreme? OK, my work is finished...
JDK

Worse yet, my g/f just told me I can't use "She Who Must Be Obeyed."

Oh no!!! We're caught in the Female Catch-22 loop!!! If she is to be obeyed, then you can't call her that because she told you not to. But if you can't call her that, then you don't have to obey her and therefore you can call her that. However, calling her that implies she must be obeyed and you're back to "you can't call her that."

Oh Nooooo! I've just gone cross-eyed...

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: April 23, 2012, 8:43 pm 

Thanks for the clarification, JD. I think.

Your truly,

Totally befuddled :lol:

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: April 24, 2012, 3:51 pm 

Hi to all the confused ..yep im the one thats been married 35 odd years..yep and its to the same woman..im also the guy thats just moved in with his new girl friend :wink: oooops no thats not me thats just wishful thinking ( looks around incase SWMBO is watching over my shoulder with a big hammer in her hand :shock:) Now for geek49203's problem..easily fixed
Call her ..GTBL GIRLFRIEND TO BE LOVED...OR and we all know that this is the one that counts GREAT TIME BUILDING LOCOST..She will never know.. it can just be our little secret :wink: :lol: .
IN the next hour my frame should have a rear end..and i will probably put one IN my locost as well :lol: :shock: :wink:
PS .. geek 49203 these are the only words you have to remember in a relationship..YES DEAR ..NO DEAR :shock: :shock:
PSS ..Tell girlfriend that highlanders are a tough rugged 4x4 that are supposed to stay outside..if kept inside for to long they go all wimmpy
:cheers: Kiwi Dave..laserracer..Dave

Last edited by laserracer on April 25, 2012, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 25, 2012, 12:33 am 

Hells Bells guess what ?? Got the rear end fitted :shock: :cheers: with the help of SWMBO
and the engine crane i made out of an old peoples bath crane :roll: just have to paint the 4 link bars..then will take some pics..oh yeah its a holiday here today its anzac day which stands for Australia, NewZealand,Army Corp, to commemorate all those that have fallen and have fought in all the world wars and conflicts over the years
:cheers: Kiwi Dave

PostPosted: April 25, 2012, 7:10 am 
We are Slotus!

Good on ya, Mate! Progress on the Slocost! Waitin' on pictures, Bro... Wanna see what you've done! Give my regards to SWMBO for helping out, that's really cool!

ANZAC Day... Same idea as our Memorial Day. God Bless 'em, heroes, every one...

--For it's "Tommy" this and "Tommy" that, and "Chuck 'im out, the brute!"
But he's the Saviour of his country when the guns begin to shoot. --Rudyard Kipling

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: April 25, 2012, 2:00 pm 
Toyotaphobe

laserracer wrote:
and the engine crane i made out of an old peoples bath crane

Now that's a picture I won't get out of my head for a long time. I can picture a fat, naked man being lifted kicking and screaming and being dunked in a tu

Sorry Gonzo I didn't mean to hit so close to home there.

And for the record I have not once ever seen JD being put in the tub, not even on that YouTube video floating around.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: April 25, 2012, 3:11 pm 

carguy123 wrote:
laserracer wrote:

Carguy: 1, Gonzo: 0 :lol:

I think this engine crane may be worthy of a photo......

PostPosted: April 25, 2012, 3:46 pm 
We are Slotus!

carguy123 wrote:
laserracer wrote:

Now that's a picture I won't get out of my head for a long time. I can picture a fat, naked man being lifted kicking and screaming and being dunked in a tu

And for the record I have not once ever seen JD being put in the tub, not even on that YouTube video floating around.

Careful, Carguy, or I'll send you a life size picture of me mooning you... It looks sorta like this-- (.) Heehee... You could be blinded for DAYS... :twisted:

:rofl:

PostPosted: April 25, 2012, 4:15 pm 

:lol: You guys crack me up..and No thats not me wanting to buy some crack :shock:
heres a pic of crane now all nice in Red paint..has been so useful has lifted my buick v6..and the whole car frame ..also the rear end
Kiwi Dave

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: April 25, 2012, 4:16 pm 

Quote:

I was fine with that picture in my mind. It actually was an engine on a bath crane.

Then I read:
Quote:
I can picture a fat, naked man being lifted kicking and screaming and being dunked in a tu

Now I picture a fat naked man sitting in my engine bayin place of my engine. I'll never be able to lift the hood again without that sight in my mind. THANKS!

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: April 25, 2012, 5:21 pm 

Hi JD ....ANZAC Day... Same idea as our Memorial Day. God Bless 'em, heroes, every one...
yep exactly the same..pity there are getting less and less of those galant hero's..very year we have a dawn parade in Auckland this year they say 10,000 people turned up at 5 o'clock in the morning where the last post was played..Great to see alot of younger people turning up..my son who's 27 went to his first one and laid a flower at the tomb of the unknown soldier
Kiwi Dave

PostPosted: April 25, 2012, 5:34 pm 

rx7locost wrote:
Quote:

I was fine with that picture in my mind. It actually was an engine on a bath crane.

Then I read:
Quote:
I can picture a fat, naked man being lifted kicking and screaming and being dunked in a tu

Now I picture a fat naked man sitting in my engine bayin place of my engine. I'll never be able to lift the hood again without that sight in my mind. THANKS!

Dam every time i go to use the crane ..in my head hanging off the end will be that Fat naked man :shock: :ack: ..But hang on its only in my head..so why not make it a shapely naked blonde chick :shock: :wink: :) :) SWMBO will find me in the garage stroking my crane saying.. one more time baby............... How dodgy.. IS IN THE GARAGE STROKING MY CRANE... :lol: can it make you go blind ??

Kiwi Dave

PostPosted: April 25, 2012, 5:55 pm 
Toyotaphobe

laserracer wrote:

Then I read:
Quote:
I can picture a fat, naked man being lifted kicking and screaming and being dunked in a tuB

Dam every time i go to use the crane ..in my head hanging off the end will be that Fat naked man :shock: :ack: ..But hang on its only in my head..so why not make it a shapely naked blonde chick :shock: :wink: :) :) SWMBO will find me in the garage stroking my crane saying.. one more time baby............... How dodgy.. IS IN THE GARAGE STROKING MY CRANE... :lol: can it make you go blind ??

Kiwi Dave

Glad I can be of service.

That's definitely be the right picture for that crane. That itty bitty jack wouldn't begin to raise Gonzo's fat, naked, sweaty, dirty body anywhere.

This is disturbing. As hard as I try the god of googles can't find any pictures of a fat naked man on a crane, but they sure can find lots of naked fat guys. DO NOT GO THERE!!

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: April 25, 2012, 8:26 pm 

Oh dear!! my wife is a Geriatrician. She's seen a few of those cranes. When she was a resident she did some house calls. One was a 750# guy in Maryland. That had to be moved with a fork lift. He was featured on one of those " fattest people shows"

2002 Toyota Tacoma
1999 BMW M3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next