LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 11, 2024, 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Duxbury Hodgepodge
PostPosted: October 3, 2013, 9:18 pm 
Always Moore!

Have you purchased the full version of MegaLogViewer or TunerStudio yet? I forget if you need to have the full version of both to run VE Analyzer (part of me wants to say you only need the full version of MLV) on unlimited sized datalogs but it is well worth the cost.

I haven't put mine on a dyno yet but just from letting the computer do the tuning from log files I've been really happy with the power and I can get high 20s for fuel economy.

PostPosted: October 4, 2013, 10:02 am 

I do have the full versions of TS and MLV. I am running a Beta version of the firmware as it seems to do a better job with individual throttle bodies than the last stable release. I will be capturing logs with my phone and Shadow Logger from here on as she runs pretty darn good...no more driving with a computer in the car. High 20s, low 30s is my goal. I know my target AFR's are too low in the cruising and light throttle areas of the tune as I have not touched these except to make sure they were not so rich they fouled plugs. If the weather holds this weekend, I will get some new logs and work on it.
I actually feel like I am getting a handle on MegaSquirt. Now I need to get my Europa running again!
Paul

PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 3:23 pm 

Went over to the local transfer station. They weighed my car for me. 1340 pounds with a full 10 gallon tank, so call it 1280 with an empty tank.
I thought it would be around 80 pounds less...oh well. All those little miscellaneous parts add up.

PostPosted: January 2, 2014, 9:24 am 

I was visiting family over the holidays and Paul lives about 40 minutes from my in-laws. Paul was gracious enough to invite me to see his Hodgepodge last Friday, so I paid him a visit.

It's really well constructed and Paul has a lot of knowledge of motorsports. Paul even gave me a ride in it. I felt pretty exposed in the car. I used to ride a motorcycle, and it is exposed, but not so low. The combination is something to get used to. It also was pretty darn cold! Because of that, traction was limited and when Paul stomped on the accelerator the car's wheels just spun. It did accelerate impressively before spinning, but I'd love to feel in when the road is warmer. The suspension felt tight and there seemed to be no body roll at the limited cornering speeds we could do in that weather.

Paul also showed me the engine/trans of his track-only BEC and it looks like it is going to be very, very interesting!

Thanks for letting me visit and the test drive, Paul! I look forward to seeing the progress in the new project and I will likely be asking some technical questions when my build starts. :)

PostPosted: January 14, 2014, 12:27 pm 

Its really amazing how little traction summer tires have on a cold day. Its almost like driving on a wet road.
My son recently had a motorcycle wreck due to this same issue. He will heal...eventually. The bike wont be healing.
I think I will hold off on thrill rides till the warmer weather returns.
Paul

PostPosted: January 14, 2014, 12:56 pm 
Always Moore!

I was reminding of this several years ago with the STI and a 40 degree October morning with wet roads. I didn't think it was worth putting the winter tires on at that point since it was still going into the 50s during the day. Needless to say I turned the wheel left to go through an intersection, the rear end went right, I counter steered right, and ended up four wheel drifting through the intersection. I'm sure people waiting at the light enjoyed the show.

PostPosted: March 11, 2014, 1:38 pm 

Just had the Seven out since its pretty warm today. Started right up after sitting for months. Wheelspin everywhere! Car now full of sand...as is my hair. A good time was had by all.
My day is made!

PostPosted: March 11, 2014, 2:17 pm 

Awesome, JPS! not sure I'll have time to get the B-3 out after work today, glad somebody got to enjoy the nice weather!

The beginnings of the Jag Special,
https://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19012
Again, all pictures were lost.

PostPosted: April 10, 2014, 8:28 am 

Had it out to Duxbury Beach this last weekend. The roads are starting to get a little grip again. Summer is coming!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: April 10, 2014, 9:31 am 
We are Slotus!

A Se7en at the beach... It don't get no better'n that...
Good on ya!
:cheers:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: April 10, 2014, 9:54 am 

in a word, yay! also, vroom!

The beginnings of the Jag Special,
https://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19012
Again, all pictures were lost.

PostPosted: April 11, 2014, 11:30 am 

Looking very handsome, indeed. Enjoy the spring and summer.

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: May 5, 2014, 12:37 pm 

Got caught in the rain for the first time yesterday. I can only describe those tiny Caterham wipers as silly. Yeah, if you crouch down and tip your head, you can see and its not awful. I was surprised that there was no water getting blown onto the back of the windscreen. I should probably make up some wind deflectors though...I think it would keep things a little more dry, maybe.
Anyway, focus is now on finding a new job and working on the not so Locost sequel.

PostPosted: May 8, 2014, 11:13 pm 
Always Moore!

JPS Europa wrote:
I was surprised that there was no water getting blown onto the back of the windscreen.

It just means that you need to drive faster! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 9, 2014, 8:59 am 

a.moore wrote:
It just means that you need to drive faster! :mrgreen:

Yeah, only 45 MPH or so. Secondary road with traffic in front of me. I am thinking a highway drive in a downpour is probably like being in the shower with your clothes on. I never drilled any drain holes in the floor. Maybe I should do that or travel with a mop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next