LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VW 16V build
PostPosted: November 5, 2015, 2:07 pm 

Hey guys, thought it was about time I started a build log. It has been 2 years since I last touched her but now I have time. I will try my best to post often.

Post subject: Re: VW 16V build
PostPosted: November 5, 2015, 2:37 pm 

Looking forward to it....and we want PICS!!!

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: November 5, 2015, 3:08 pm 

Yes.... pics pics pics!

K "curious" S

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: November 5, 2015, 10:34 pm 
We are Slotus!

Welcome to the forum! Iffen you're using a VW power plant, it's pretty safe to say you'll pass emissions testing... *wink* *wink* :mrgreen:

:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: November 5, 2015, 10:53 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Welcome to the forum! Iffen you're using a VW power plant, it's pretty safe to say you'll pass emissions testing... *wink* *wink* :mrgreen:

JDK
Only if it's a oil burner!! :ack:

K "emissive" S

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: November 6, 2015, 8:01 am 

botbasher wrote:
GonzoRacer wrote:

JDK
Only if it's a oil burner!! :ack:

K "emissive" S

Maybe not.
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34723420

Bill

PostPosted: November 6, 2015, 5:15 pm 

BBlue wrote:
Damn Germans...... :BH: :BH: :BH: :BH: :BH:

PostPosted: November 6, 2015, 5:18 pm 

"Zer is nussing to see here! You vill show us your papers, und zen you vill go back to your homes. UND, you vill like it!!!" :lol:

PostPosted: November 6, 2015, 9:52 pm 

I see humour is in abundance here.......new to the forum and need info on posting pics...thanks comedians..

PostPosted: November 6, 2015, 11:15 pm 

londonboy wrote:
I see humour is in abundance here.......new to the forum and need info on posting pics...thanks comedians..
Oh....no.... No humor allowed! :cheers:

Best option to post pics is to put them in a dropbox or photobucket, then use their share option, copy the link and then open a post here. At the top of the box, see the [img] button? Click it and paste the link between them in your post.

Like this img]http//www.dropbox.com/johnsphotos/teaser.jpg[/img

I have found with DB that their links dont work unless you share the folder. You can get around this by changing the dl=0 at the end of the link to dl=1. Shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone though!!!

You can upload pics to this site, but if you already keep a Dropbox then it's easier to link there because you have much more space.

Use the "preview" option to see how they look in your post before submitting.

K "humor diabled" S

PostPosted: November 6, 2015, 11:46 pm 
Toyotaphobe

botbasher wrote:

Best option to post pics is to put them in a dropbox or photobucket,

Don't listen to him that's the WORST way to post pics.

Not only will it take much longer for each page to load that way but it also ensures that someday just when you absolutely positively need to see that picture then it will be missing.

Now if you just use the box directly below your posting page you can Browse over to your picture and then Add the file to your post and it will always be there plus save those of us who cannot get a fast internet connection hours of frustration.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: November 7, 2015, 12:00 am 

carguy123 wrote:
botbasher wrote:

Not only will it take much longer for each page to load that way but it also ensures that someday just when you absolutely positively need to see that picture then it will be missing.

Now if you just use the box directly below your posting page you can Browse over to your picture and then Add the file to your post and it will always be there plus save those of us who cannot get a fast internet connection hours of frustration.

+1 :agree: .

However the nice thing about photo bucket is that you can use the side to resize the image. But then again windows (If your into that kind of OS) has a free power toy that will resize photos. ez pz.

Looking forward to the build. And don't worry about the emissions.. You will save so much on extended gas mileage from the super light chassis it will offset thems crazy emissions rules 8)

There is no shame in defeat, so long as the spirit is unconquered

My Build Log

PostPosted: November 7, 2015, 12:54 am 

carguy123 wrote:
botbasher wrote:

Yeah... well, my mother always taught me if you can't say anything nice.... Hey Car... that was a really D-Bag way to come off on that! :roll:

So please explain Car... How would it ever be missing if it's hosted in the cloud in his personal space that's totally free and it's never going anywhere? You know something we don't??

My pics are with me at work, home, friends home, friends work, local restaurant, bar..... and I never have to worry about the space. BTW... there is a finite limit to the pics (i.e. space) you can upload here, so if you want to have lower quality pics as your eternal reference... It's up to you. Dropbox (Photobucket, Picassa... the list goes on) is convenient since I upload direct to it from my phone so I don't have to worry about transfers and uploads later on. Just link and go.

The big plus I see to doing it that way is that if I edit a pic... make notes on it or draw on it... it automatically would show up here. I don't have to reupload it to 4 different places. They are all updated at the same time I save it. It's damn nice to have all my pics anywhere I go!

Sorry... I really don't care how long it takes for anyone to see the pics on here... as long as you see them, right?? Hey Car... you on dial up?? AOL right? :rofl: Sorry... that's even.

Car has his way... I have mine. You'll have yours.

Pick what works best for you... not what works easiest, fastest or simplest for someone else!

K "evolved" S

PostPosted: November 7, 2015, 2:17 am 

Wow - looks like we went just a tad off the rails here!

Anyway Londonboy, regardless of how you choose to do it, we love pics here (as you can tell!). I personally have used both methods, but direct-posting (from my computer, vs. Photobucket) is my current preference. I keep all my build photos in one file on my computer, and simply upload my chosen one (or several) to my post.

To do this, click on "choose file", below, browse on your computer to the pic you want to add, then (once it's uploaded) click on "add the file". If you then put your cursor in yor text where you want the pic, you can click on "place file inline", and that'll do it. If your pics are really big, you may need to make 'em smaller - I use an old version of Paint Shop Pro, but there are lots of free programs available that will do this with ease).

With Photobucket, once you create an account & log in, you can upload your pics ther from your computer. Once they're there, you can click on the one in your Photobucket library that you want to add here, and a series of options will appear at the right - click on the one you want ("Direct", I believe, is the option for here), and the URL for your pic will be copied automatically. Then, come back to your post, and use paste to copy the URL here for that method.

Anyway, whichever way you choose, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!!

PostPosted: November 7, 2015, 2:23 am 

zetec7 wrote:
Anyway, whichever way you choose, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!!
+1 :thmbsup:

Rails were meant to be bro... wha? really? Its rules were meant...?? You sure? Oh poop... my bad!

K :oops: S