LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 27, 2024, 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 25, 2012, 4:15 pm 

Afternoon Budei4ik!

Great Build! Your ability to adapt and overcome is very commendable! After lamenting about lack of fund to complete certain parts of the project I feel a bit ashamed by what you've managed to produce given what you mentioned about the economy your in.

You have me very curious about a tool your using. Can you give a bit more detail and pics about the tubing bender?

Thanks for the inspiration and reality check!

Cheers! :cheers:

KS

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: June 28, 2012, 3:35 pm 

Sorry for that long did not answer just now is just a lot of work and did not have time to go to the site. botbasher here's what you asked for a tube bender that my father did it to create the Project references

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: June 28, 2012, 4:19 pm 

Here is a report on the construction of my car during my absence on this site have done quite a lot even visited the exhibition since I was invited old friends from the club's Opel.
More photos will lay out tomorrow as I go to finish the nose of the! Thank you for your interest and support!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: June 30, 2012, 3:12 pm 

Hello! Here we go again, I am continuing to build! now began to slowly finish the nose of the!

PostPosted: July 3, 2012, 4:51 pm 

Hello! Well, here again today found a spare moment to write and publish pictures. At the expense of Progress Reports during my absence on the forum I am part of the nose putty and painted. also went through the rear shock absorbers, and prepared for painting mirrors. And just yesterday I painted it!!! Waiting for your comments!

PostPosted: July 3, 2012, 4:56 pm 
Toyotaphobe

I really like those mirrors. They look like they'd be stable and useful. So many appear just be for decoration or to meet the laws.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: July 3, 2012, 5:10 pm 

Well, here it is!!
Please appreciate my work and let us know what you have added or removed! because your opinion is very important for me, I'm a huge to my regret is not never seen a Seven live, so if something is wrong you write I will correct! Sincerely Grigori

PostPosted: July 3, 2012, 5:23 pm 
Toyotaphobe

LOVE IT!

The metal wrapped around tubing nose turned out very nice.

There is nothing different enough about to fall out of the catagory of personal preference items we see on just about all Locosts.

Now get out there and drive it instead of just sitting there admiring it.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: July 3, 2012, 6:57 pm 

:cheers: Great job..it looks fantastic..if it goes as well as it looks ..youve built yourself a car to be proud of..not a bad effort from someone who has never seen a 7 in real life
and the build seem'd so fast..and love the home made bender..and the fact you could make what you wanted ..if you couldnt buy it

WELL DONE Kiwi Dave

PostPosted: July 3, 2012, 7:16 pm 
We are Slotus!

I second the sentiments expressed by Kiwi Dave! Great job building the car, making the tools and in general being resourceful and creative. The car looks great! And finished in the summer time, so you can enjoy driving it for the next several months. Congratulations!
:cheers:
JD Kemp

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: July 3, 2012, 7:43 pm 

budei4ik wrote:
Hello! Well, here again today found a spare moment to write and publish pictures. At the expense of Progress Reports during my absence on the forum I am part of the nose putty and painted. also went through the rear shock absorbers, and prepared for painting mirrors. And just yesterday I painted it!!! Waiting for your comments!
Most Locosts end up being the builders interpretation of a Lotus 7 and your car is great! The paint job is beautiful too.

Enjoy! 8)

PostPosted: July 3, 2012, 11:20 pm 

I agree, this is a really good looking car. Very clean lines.

PostPosted: July 4, 2012, 12:35 am 

Grigori, give yourself a pat on the back! A job well done. Drive it and enjoy it, you did very well.

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: July 5, 2012, 12:03 pm 

The first start after installation of the injector! And the first exit after painting!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_v6aW6lJw&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwiTot87SYA&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Sorry for the video short. He started to rain so we had to get home quickly. One of these days take off even with a normal video acceleration!

PostPosted: July 16, 2012, 5:30 pm 

Hello! It's me again! That weekend was at the show but to my great regret there were very few people and they do not have time to appreciate the beauty of the Locost. I go to the King Of Europ Drag on July 28, but I can not find a sponsor, so long ago and did not go to the forum, and 300 dollar for the road is for me a lot of money. And I would like to show people what a Locost Seven, and that in our conditions is also possible to create such vehicles, and so they have become much more in the CIS. All the same I'll try to find as many missions but beating us in Moldova remains only to hope for a miracle. What's all the same there is a good person and help me collect the sum even be on the road ... But the way pictures from the show!