LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 28, 2024, 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next
PostPosted: November 3, 2016, 12:22 pm 

The Volvo solution for that in the automatic is a torque limiter under a certain rpm. They literally dial back the power on the low end to keep it from grenading the transmission. A chip "fixes" that problem and makes the transmission a liability. I have two friends with S60R's in the 180,000 mile range. Neither have had transmission issues. I think it is a function of how you drive and how many clutch drops you attempt. Regardless, sweet ride. fun to drive and practical.

There was a BMW 335XI sport wagon with the manual locally that was very tempting. Fortunately, I was smart enough to not go drive it. That would have ended up with me having a car payment.

PostPosted: November 3, 2016, 8:59 pm 

Yep, already looking at tunes for it. Stage 2 tune is around $700.

Are you sure it was a 335 wagon? BMW didn't bring them to the states as far as I know. My buddy has a 335 and takes about how he wishes it was a wagon.

PostPosted: November 3, 2016, 10:19 pm 

You are right. It was a 535.

PostPosted: November 4, 2016, 2:27 am 

DaveM wrote:
You are right. It was a 535.

Almost bought one of those but I liked the way the R looked better. Tho the 535 has a much better drivetrain.

PostPosted: November 6, 2016, 12:17 am 

Not a whole lot to look at but with the help of Bot Basher and my friend Dave I finally have 240 in my garage. Something I've wanted for a very long while. Only way I can weld aluminum, another thing I've been wanted to get more practice in.

Attachment:
IMG_5569.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: December 1, 2016, 4:19 pm 

Looks like I'm moving again... the girlfriend and I haven't been talking about me moving in with her for about a month. We decided that after the new year that should happen. She has a small 2 car garage. For now the locost and the kart will be going in storage. I cleaned her garage out so she could park her car in it. I'd like for that to continue so she doesn't have to walk out in the cold to start her car. I work 2nd shift so it's no issue for me.

We have also talked about building a larger garage in the back yard. I'll hold off on that one till after we are married. It's kind of odd, this is all new and exciting to me as I have never lived with a woman. 28 years old, shocking I know. LöL.

I'll still need to keep the business going so the other half of the garage will be for that. I may see if I can talk her into putting a small 10x10 building somewhere so I don't have to pay storage fees and have somewhere for both of us to put our [PooPoo]. Maybe then I'll be able to sneak the locost in the garage when I don't have any business, not likely as I have been busy since May when I started. Seems l cant build these things fast enough. No complaints there.

PostPosted: December 1, 2016, 4:48 pm 

Too Busy is a good problem to have. :thmbsup:

OOPS I did it again
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17496

Blood Sweat and Beers
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15216

PostPosted: December 2, 2016, 2:31 am 

TooBusy wrote:
Too Busy is a good problem to have. :thmbsup:

Haha. I have a feeling you can relate...

Like your sig says "too much week, not enough weekend." That is so true.

PostPosted: December 2, 2016, 9:01 am 
We are Slotus!

Dude! You sure don't let your status remain quo very long, do ya? Congrats on the new situation... I hope everything turns out for the best for you and her (and the business, and the dog!)

:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: December 8, 2016, 4:20 am 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Dude! You sure don't let your status remain quo very long, do ya? Congrats on the new situation... I hope everything turns out for the best for you and her (and the business, and the dog!)

:cheers:
JDK

Thanks JD!! Life is too short to be single. You find a good woman you can still do the things you enjoy. I just had to weed threw a couple to find this one. She's a keeper that's for sure.

PostPosted: January 23, 2017, 12:10 am 

Business is going well. I've sold 7 so far this year. Well I've had 7 people pay. I'm in the building process right now. With the new purchases I decided to buy a new saw as the harbor freight one is done. It doesn't cut straight anymore and I'm going threw about a blade a month cutting stainless.

Went to northern tool and picked up this fella..

Attachment:
IMG_6151.JPG

While I'm waiting on the turbo flanges for the downpipes I'm doing what I can. 4 have high flow cats, other 2 are straight pipe. This is the most cat'd pipes I've built so far in 1 order.

Attachment:
IMG_6175.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: January 23, 2017, 8:28 am 

Great work, glad you are keeping busy with your side business.

Scrap Metal Build Log viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14558

PostPosted: January 25, 2017, 7:23 pm 

Nice little niche you've carved out for yourself there, Briggs! Keep at it, and don't grow too big, too fast. Keep it under control, and you'll be fine!

PostPosted: January 30, 2017, 4:23 am 

Thanks for the kind words gents. I've sold 30 downpipes so far. Pretty excited to see what this year is going to offer me. Im meeting up with a customer some time this week to discuss borrowing his 2000 Volvo 850R and making a prototype downpipe for him and getting it on the market once test fitting is done. No one makes a good quality 850R Downpipe for under $800. I'm hoping these will sell just as well as the ones I make currently.

PostPosted: February 26, 2017, 1:40 pm 

I really really wish there was a way to get you to make downpipes for the f150. (replacing the y-pipe with an x pipe and true duals...)
(I'm in greenville, sc). :BH:

Finding the time to meet with you is the biggest issue. (or have you work on the damn thing.)

I just have this gut feeling that it'd sell like mad to the f150 people. (who hate how the v6 ecoboost sounds...)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next