LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 28, 2024, 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next
PostPosted: February 27, 2017, 11:18 pm 
We are Slotus!

Josh, you do beautiful work... I think the business will do well... Hire a crooked accountant and you're all set! :twisted:

:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: February 28, 2017, 1:54 am 

Straight four wrote:
I really really wish there was a way to get you to make downpipes for the f150. (replacing the y-pipe with an x pipe and true duals...)
(I'm in greenville, sc). :BH:

Finding the time to meet with you is the biggest issue. (or have you work on the damn thing.)

I just have this gut feeling that it'd sell like mad to the f150 people. (who hate how the v6 ecoboost sounds...)

The hardest part for me would be the flanges. Doesn't look like a hard piece to make and I would be able to beat the $700 price they are going for. Volvo guys have been good to me so I plan on sticking with volvo parts for a while. Trying to get ahold of someone that has an oem 2000 v70r and 850r downpipe so I can start making those.

Thanks for the kind words tho.

PostPosted: May 2, 2017, 2:56 pm 

Well gents. The business has kept meso busy I decided to get rid of the frame. I don't have anywhere to store it and I don't see myself working on it anytime soon. I'm keeping all the parts I have bought for the car as I do plan on building another frame and finish the car some time in the future. There are a couple of things I wanted to change with the frame anyway. Thanks to everyone who helped me get to where I was with the build, I learned a lot.

PostPosted: May 2, 2017, 11:40 pm 

Good luck, Briggs. Yes, life can get in the way of things (ask me how I know). But, if it's your dream, you'll most likely get to it eventually.

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: May 4, 2017, 12:21 am 

Lonnie-S wrote:
Good luck, Briggs. Yes, life can get in the way of things (ask me how I know). But, if it's your dream, you'll most likely get to it eventually.

Cheers,

Thanks Lonnie! Cheers. :cheers:

PostPosted: May 4, 2017, 1:23 am 
The voice of reason

Well I hope you stick around and keep showing us your welding projects!

PostPosted: May 4, 2017, 2:34 pm 

horizenjob wrote:
Well I hope you stick around and keep showing us your welding projects!

Will do. I've done a couple of exhaust the past month. I'll post those up when I get back on wifi

PostPosted: May 4, 2017, 7:48 pm 

Briggs wrote:
I'm keeping all the parts I have bought for the car as I do plan on building another frame and finish the car some time in the future.
Come back and visit often. Looking forward to following your next Build Log.

And best of luck on your new endeavor :cheers:

My Car9 build: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14613
"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

Ultima Spyder, Northstar 4.0, Porsche G50/52

PostPosted: May 5, 2017, 8:54 am 

Good luck, Briggs! Owning a business can be a real bitch these days, but if you can see it through, there are a lot of rewards and satisfaction as well. I'm on the other end of the spectrum now, coming full circle to the point I can do this kind of a project. As the others have stated, do stop by once in a while. Love the exhaust work!

PostPosted: May 5, 2017, 9:44 am 
We are Slotus!

Yo, Briggs-
Hope the new business does well, Bro. I understand about delaying the Car9 project. How-some-ever, I'm not going to say "Come back and visit" or "Come back" period. I'm gonna say "Don't leave!" Just because you're not actively building a car at the moment, doesn't mean you're not part of the gang and/or part of Team Slotus. (Not sure that last bit was a compliment, actually...)

Any-hoo, good luck with the business, keep on stopping by and showing off your purty welding and we'll see you at another track day soon!

Peace, Love and "Stack O'Dimes" -
JD Kemp

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 6, 2017, 3:36 am 

Thanks everyone. You all make me want to stick around and continue building. Between Botbasher and MNot they won't let me get away with not building another. This project has brought a lot of great and amazing people into my life, so I'll be damned if I don't do another build. I've had the privilege of meeting and hanging out with 5 of you and you all have treated me like family if I'm being honest, so thank you all for that.

I'm going to make a new thread under the tools and fabrication section of the forum with my work. I'll be sure to remind you all to take a look. Haha.

PostPosted: May 6, 2017, 5:47 am 

> get rid of the frame

Alternatively, stand it on end in the garage, or cinch it up against the ceiling.

I went into a shop in Tennessee once that had a whole upside-down Lotus 11 on the ceiling. The guy said he hadn't driven it in a while and it got the car out of his way...

PostPosted: May 6, 2017, 6:27 am 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
you all have treated me like family
That bad, huh? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 6, 2017, 6:16 pm 

TRX wrote:
> get rid of the frame

Alternatively, stand it on end in the garage, or cinch it up against the ceiling.

I went into a shop in Tennessee once that had a whole upside-down Lotus 11 on the ceiling. The guy said he hadn't driven it in a while and it got the car out of his way...

Garage is the Fab shop. No room as it is in there. I want to do some things differently anyway. I wasn't that far into the build. Gives me a reason to buy more tools anyway. :lol:

PostPosted: May 6, 2017, 6:17 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Quote:
you all have treated me like family
That bad, huh? :mrgreen:

Well I did want a ride along but someone decided the passenger seat would be a good place for a fuel cell... :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next