LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 28, 2024, 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CMC R1 Rebuild
PostPosted: February 23, 2015, 8:35 am 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
I talked to the scca guys organizing the events and they told me to run in D prepared.

BEC's usually run in B Modified... Might chat with 'em some more if you're not thrilled about being in D/P.
Or you can always go with the flow, drive, have fun, not worry about it. :mrgreen:

Either way, good luck, we'll be waitin' for that race report!
:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: February 23, 2015, 11:16 am 

Yeah the plan is just to get out there and have fun, I'm not worried about competing for a class championship. Its a step up from my last scca car anyway, it was a FB RX7 that I ran in E stock. This year I bought my step daughter a kart with a world formula engine, the plan and focus is on getting her involved in motorsports so shell be coming with me to all the events this year and competing.

PostPosted: February 23, 2015, 11:25 am 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
This year I bought my step daughter a kart with a world formula engine, the plan and focus is on getting her involved in motorsports so shell be coming with me to all the events this year and competing.
Now THAT is a worthwhile goal! Do stuff with your family, win/lose/draw don't matter, because it's a "Win" in the long run. Good on ya, Mate!

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: August 30, 2015, 10:29 pm 

Long time without any updates. I've had the car out to a few autox events along with my daughters kart. Thought I might add that I had the car on the scales today and it's surprising well balanced. 950lb total wet weight (10 gallon fuel cell). Cross weight is a perfect 50%.

PostPosted: August 31, 2015, 12:58 pm 
The voice of reason

Glad it's working. How about a picture at an event, a picture of your daughter running the kart would be fun too! Yu could put those new pictures in the completed build's section and leave this thread here. Threads in the completed builds section are an inspiration for everyone thinking of getting started and also everyone still working on a project - so pretty much everyone.

Does your daughter enjoy the kart, it's such a great thing to give a kid an interest in a real world activity...

PostPosted: August 31, 2015, 4:27 pm 

Her class winning run from last points event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDUB6My61CY

Take note of the 45 degree banked turn, it had her worried on her first run but she done great with it. All the pics an videos of my car are on my wife's phone, I'll have to add some later. Also I hesitate to call it a completed build cause I enjoy tinking too much to leave everything as is. :D