LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 19, 2024, 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tundra 7 442
PostPosted: April 9, 2020, 3:09 pm 

Miatav8,MstrASE,A&P,F wrote:
Had to go back to page 15 again to see. You have a huge loop air pocket to fill by running the line straight up. Loosen the fitting at the top until it leaks, open the bleeder until it leaks, then bleed. A pressure bleeder on the res or vacuum on the slave bleeder would help. I always vac bleed with a hand pump and jar.

For my clutch line?

My build : http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtop ... 35&t=17160

MGB/GT V8 5.0L. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20782

PostPosted: April 9, 2020, 3:10 pm 

trialsmangasgas wrote:
Have you tried pressure bleeding?

Yup Twice. Front and back. Once I pulled the front lines down to make a trough instead of a hill they bleed out 3 pumps done. Was awesome

PostPosted: April 9, 2020, 3:12 pm 

horchoha wrote:
I always vac bleed with a hand pump and jar.

Ditto

:shock:

PostPosted: April 9, 2020, 4:30 pm 

Tundra 7 wrote:
So has your clutch master ever had fluid in it before?

It did, for the trial run. I took it all apart though, changed a few things, and put it all back together.

PostPosted: April 9, 2020, 5:37 pm 

Trochu wrote:
Tundra 7 wrote:
So has your clutch master ever had fluid in it before?

It did, for the trial run. I took it all apart though, changed a few things, and put it all back together.

Let me guess it goes over to the opposite side of the car to the slave? Mine does that(for what ever reason I never had a problem with it). 2 things. Bench bleed it and or take off the slave end, hold the flex up in the air and bleed the air out. Reinstall. Yes I know your going to have fluid all over the place. Or you could back bleed it if you have a hand pump and a jar :shock:

PostPosted: April 9, 2020, 6:29 pm 
Automotive Encyclopedia

Tundra 7 wrote:
Had to go back to page 15 again to see. You have a huge loop air pocket to fill by running the line straight up. Loosen the fitting at the top until it leaks, open the bleeder until it leaks, then bleed. A pressure bleeder on the res or vacuum on the slave bleeder would help. I always vac bleed with a hand pump and jar.

For my clutch line?

Got confused as to who was having trouble with what. Never mind!

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

PostPosted: May 2, 2020, 9:04 am 

So I finally ordered a belt to try. I have to weld in anchors for the shoulders, but real restraints on the way. If these work it would be cool.
MV8 gave me a mega squirt tune last fall, finally getting that working. We’re finally having good weather. I had my idle circuit running so smooth and found out you don’t want WUE running on hot idle. Went to pull that off, ended up somehow screwing it all up and started over. I would never go into the tuning business. It’s pretty close if not done. Now off to have auto tune road tune the fuel for me.
I was suppose to have paint on the car by now. This is my buddies for ya. Sends me a pic of his OWN car in tape. Here he’s painting his car!. WTH. So keep waiting. Seems weird to be on here. Haven’t logged in or checked up on you guys for a long time. I was doing home projects painting kitchen cabinets and general inside painting. I have a war on oak, it’s a very angry grain to look at.

Catch ya later

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 12, 2020, 9:25 pm 

Changed my mind. The sparco is for sale. Got a more appropriate set.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 13, 2020, 12:09 pm 

Looks great, Steve. Also, check your PM. I might be interested in the Sparco.

PostPosted: May 13, 2020, 1:44 pm 

My wife walked by while I was looking at the above photo and I commented that the green really popped and looked good. "Your red ones look fine, you're not buying new ones". 8)

PostPosted: May 13, 2020, 3:19 pm 

HAHAHA, They just don’t see it. I’ve been round and round with seat belts. Everyone has their own ideas.

PostPosted: May 31, 2020, 3:26 pm 

Well I think, today was the last test and tune with the timing map I got from MV8 last year. Was late in the year, so I guess this is par. The new rear end and a new tune it absolutely flies. Hey, it even stops. I had to lengthen my rods for the pedals to the master so I could have enough free play. I thought I had enough but they built up pressure last week and my front almost locked up. I had a fast stop on the highway yesterday and they hung me in the straps. Very nice feeling. So the 2 size masters linked directly to the pedal without a bias bar defiantly works. Don’t be afraid of going a little small on a master. This pedal feel is awesome. Almost like having a power booster on manuals. I had 1/2 mile to the house and at 20mph they were smelling by the time I pulled in. Shot the rotor quick with the temp gun, 225 degrees. :shock:
The locker rear end is awesome. Handles so much different, I can come on the power around corners where before it would slide.

PostPosted: May 31, 2020, 5:37 pm 

Sounds all good. I have to hit a corner pretty hard to break the rear end out. Bad as my front geometry is the is no noticeable understeer. Just goes where it's pointed. Down side is when you no longer want to go that way you have to steer out of it. No self centering. Got the pieces that will fix that, just no one to stick it all together.

Going out for another tuning run next nice day. ACEL enrich is off.

I think I might have told you I"m using stock MX5 brake master and slaves. Brakes are excellent wit 6-1 pedal ratio. That cost some bucks to correct from the original design (mine not Mazdas).

Tried a couple of time to order Jack' s pedal set up but he was always out both times. I think I pissed him off.

PostPosted: June 1, 2020, 8:05 am 

benny_toe wrote:
Sounds all good. I have to hit a corner pretty hard to break the rear end out. Bad as my front geometry is the is no noticeable understeer. Just goes where it's pointed. Down side is when you no longer want to go that way you have to steer out of it. No self centering. Got the pieces that will fix that, just no one to stick it all together.

Going out for another tuning run next nice day. ACEL enrich is off.

I think I might have told you I"m using stock MX5 brake master and slaves. Brakes are excellent wit 6-1 pedal ratio. That cost some bucks to correct from the original design (mine not Mazdas).

Tried a couple of time to order Jack' s pedal set up but he was always out both times. I think I pissed him off.

One thing I have noticed is a little bit of understeer in this. From pushing the engine back so far. I know why Lotus put their engines right up to the nose. A much lower profile engine too. 6:1 is all I have too. I don’t think you need more really these work great, now. It’s nice to be so close to having it all worked out. I don’t think I’ll ever have the far right corner of the map dialed in with out a Dyno tune. I’ve realized I don’t need it. 80 mph on the highway is not a lot of fun, more like work.

PostPosted: June 1, 2020, 2:07 pm 

Agree. Interstate travel is not my cars hot spot. Much happier weaving around the country side.

And at 6-1 the pedal ratio is so much nicer than th 3- 1 i originally had. It would stop as long as you leg held out.

I put my engine as far back as I could. The highly engineered reason? Put the shift lever in better prximity.

I got lucky on a lot of things. Got the DIY video on using TunerStudio, part 1 and 2. Going to watch it finally so I'll be better prepared for my next tune run. There is so much I don't quite understand. Hoping to learn a little.

Cheers Mi Amigo!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 63  Next