LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31, 2007, 11:44 am 

Awesome. Looks like you've done that a time or two. And you do all that with an open diff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31, 2007, 12:56 pm 

I've seen him do it on TV...if this is the real Alex Pfeiffer we are talking about here. The car looks good. Some of my friends keep telling me the Locost would make a fun drift car. :D

Project Seven
Instagram: @RexRacer19

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31, 2007, 7:29 pm 
Yeah, It still has an open diff. You can see the inside wheel was getting way more wheel speed then the outside. I burned that tire up way more then the other. Its alot of fun though. I'm supposed to be taking my 180sx out to a drift event in atlanta in september but now I'm trying to see what it would take to make the locost legal to drift. It for sure will turn more heads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1, 2007, 6:27 am 
I think I looked in the rule book once, and I think it said you could only use production based chassis's unless you get waiver or something. I definitely wouldn't want to tandem in one, thats for sure.

Nice driving btw :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1, 2007, 8:43 am 

that car is sick! good luck with getting it legal, I'd love to see it compete in Atlanta!

My Replacement for Displacement is BOOST

"The first way to lose a pound is to lose an ounce"

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2, 2007, 5:58 am 
I'm trying but nopi doesnt want to let me run it.

Here is the same run, different angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPjgwZ2AFE0

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21, 2007, 11:46 pm 
New vid, different event.....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3254 ... 38f5d1.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21, 2007, 11:58 pm 
Locostering Information Liaison

Nice videos..

Are there people that hate Alex Pfeiffer? (Don't listen to the back bitting haters Alex .. I thought the videos were cool.)

How many horse power do you have in your locost? Are you still running Toyota power plant that you bought it with?

To err is human...
I am more human than most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 22, 2007, 12:58 am 
Yeah, they actually made tshirts that said, IhateAlexPfeiffer.com, so I bought one and my friends decided to start the web site just to make a funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7, 2007, 1:25 pm 
I finally had some time to work on the car again. Mainly because of a track event coming up that alot of my friends are running in. So they pushed me to get the car setup better. I pulled the rear end out and switched it for a newer one.

The original rear axle was out of a 70's corolla and had probably a 3.5 gear, open diff, and drum brakes that I always had to readjust. The new rear axle is out of a corolla GTS with a larger ring and pinion, disk brakes, and an aftermarket Kaaz diff, but the down fall is it has 4.3 gears. It really needs about a 3.9 for this car. The original corolla would top out at about 125, so I dont think I'll beable to go much faster then that. I have a feeling that I'm going to max this thing out at willow springs this weekend which has me worried. I'll let you know how it goes. Pray for the rain to stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7, 2007, 9:50 pm 
Weight watcher

Yeah, you'd probably be able to top that at big willow, but if it's SOW or HTM you should be fine.

Moti

My R1 powered Locost build log

Visit the Blackbird Fabworx Facebook Page!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10, 2007, 1:50 pm 
I had alot of fun yesterday. It didnt top out like I was expecting it to do so I managed to get a decent amount of track time in. There where some problems still. The rear shocks suck. Non adjustable and the car was oversteering so the only adjustment I really had was tire pressure. Think I ended up at 16psi by the end of the day. Front was 18psi, the front felt fine so I didnt want to change it.

The turbo kept coming loose. At first is blew the gasket out. So I took the turbo off and took out the gasket. Then it started to get loose every session. So I would have to tighten it back on after maybe 10 laps. The bad part was when the turbo did come loose, it melted the coolant hoses for the turbo. So I just took them off and ran it without the water side. Just bypassed the water lines.

I think the big problem is the flang isnt flat anymore. So now that im home, I'll pull the manifold and turbo then cut them flat again. New studs and new copper lock nuts should do the trick. But I also want to run hard lines for the water lines so I dont have the problem with those anymore.

We had a run group for the 4ag time trials but the group wasnt open passing. I'm friends with most of the guys in that group so most of them would just give me a point by even if we werent in the proper passing area. I did get black flagged (heheheheh) for passing. So I asked to change run groups. Being in an open passing group was so much better.

The first session I did 1.36, in traffic and still getting warmed up.
Second session had the turbo problem
Third session was open passing and did 1.34
Fourth session got down to 1.32

Then we had the time trials. Went out on the warm up lap and proceded to drive straight off the track going into turn 9 at about 80mph. Yeah, that was stupid. I couldnt see the outside of the track for some reason, maybe it was the glare from the sun or I'm so close to the ground, or that they had no markers out all day. But I just couldnt see the turn in point and just went straight off. Lucky no damage other then some really bad chips in my fenders and a couple rocks to my helmit.

Anyway, came in like your supposed to after an off. They gave me one timed lap instead of 2. My official time was 1.33. Not bad after all that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10, 2007, 2:07 pm 

Sounds fun, but the question is, did you beat your friends?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10, 2007, 3:13 pm 

chetcpo wrote:
Sounds fun, but the question is, did you beat your friends?

For real. Thats the part we wanted to hear. :D

J. R.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10, 2007, 4:29 pm 
Had the fastest times in both groups.

Got to run my friends ae86 that I helped build at the end of the day. I beat his time in his car with him in it by 2.5 sec. I'm not a bad driver.

By the way, I havent run that track since I sold my 911. That was about 7 years ago or so running with PCA. I won that time trial in my class as well with 1.36 as the time. Its nice to go back and run a faster time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next