LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: October 4, 2016, 11:01 pm 

It was $350 for the pair I think plus shipping in aluminum. I needed 12" wide fenders in the rear and all I could find off the shelf was 11" or 13"

Build Log

PostPosted: October 18, 2016, 7:54 pm 

I decided to build a trailer to haul my locost. I think it took me longer to decide what type of trailer to build than it did to actually build it.

The deck is 76" x 10' + a 2' beavertail. Overall, the trailer is 15'-11" to keep it under 16', which is easier to get licensed in Missouri. The main structure is 3" channel, with a 3500lb axle and springs.

I strongly considered a tilt trailer, but I couldn't build one at a low enough angle with only a 12' deck without a drop axle. I couldn't find a wide enough drop axle on short notice (less than 2 weeks before the Missouri Sevens Gathering) so I built this instead and used some modified HF ramps that I already had. The upright brackets on the front hold the ramps sideways for storage and to act as a sort of rock guard for the car.

Attachment:
IMG_20160929_212213_002.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20161002_183345_025.jpg

Edit: Thanks Russ for the photo of the car on the trailer:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Build Log

Last edited by hilux on October 19, 2016, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 18, 2016, 8:01 pm 

I forgot to actually take pictures of the car on the trailer, but it made it to the Sevens Gathering and back just fine.

Having never seen a locost in person before building mine, I found the size comparison between my 442 and trialsmangasgas' book chassis very interesting:

Attachment:
IMG_20161015_112321_944.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Build Log

PostPosted: October 18, 2016, 8:03 pm 

I saw this trailer over the weekend and it was real nice. Prefect for a se7en. The two ramps store where you see the two uprights in the front. They make good rock guards to protect the front of the car. Nice work. Russ

PostPosted: October 18, 2016, 10:14 pm 

Here are a couple vids FieroReinke took from the passenger seat

Build Log

PostPosted: July 16, 2017, 10:40 pm 

1,000 miles!

Been driving the 7 to work once or twice a week all season. Slowly isolating rattles here and there but overall good. Planning to hit an autocross in STL later this summer, so I'm adding a forward brace and connecting the roll hoops.

Build Log

PostPosted: July 16, 2017, 10:47 pm 

Headrests too

Build Log

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6