LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 26, 2016, 6:33 pm 

Just did a difficult thing. I passed up a closeout sale on cross-drilled Corvette rotors, for $58/pr, delivered.

PostPosted: July 27, 2016, 9:26 am 

Sarah dropped by unexpectedly last night, brought my PC with my LoCost model, but she didn't drive that far for that, nor to show off the Astro she bought from her friend. She wanted to talk. She wants me to change. There was arguing, and tears, and hugs, and she left with the $100 I had for buying myself steel for a frame, as my birthday present to myself. Sorry.

PostPosted: July 27, 2016, 11:43 am 

So sorry, man! The emotional turmoil is hard to deal with. In some ways, it's easier to deal with when they're vindictive and angry (no regrets on your side) - waaaay more expensive (think, money-grubbing ex-wife, here - don't ask me how I know!), but easier.

Best of luck, my friend! And, as the comedian Red Green says: "Keep your stick on the ice - we're all pulling for you!"

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: July 29, 2016, 8:35 am 

Very kind, thank you much.
I got a 2' scrap of 1" x 1/16", and I can't use this for a frame, it's too small. It's thick enough to weld successfully, but 1" is awfully tiny when looking at making a frame. Where's the beef?

PostPosted: July 29, 2016, 8:48 am 

Ya never know when you're gonna need that scrap for something you can't see yet. Ask me how I know...

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: October 15, 2016, 11:17 pm 

Saved my marriage, got a 4L80E for my 4.8L LSx into the 83 RX7, frees up my T5 for my LoCost that isn't happening until next spring at the soonest.
I want a simpler spaceframe, lots fewer links and bars.

PostPosted: October 16, 2016, 11:51 am 

TRX: from Tyrannosaurus RX, the small block Ford powered '79 RX I was driving when I joined the forum.

One track day I drew an instructor who raced a rotary RX in some SCCA class. I think he acquired V8 envy about the third lap...

There's even a Hitler video about V8 RXs: https://youtu.be/zxsY4lEGRBI

AH: "All our RX-7s will meet just outside the city where we will take on all comers... I have no fears. Steiner has installed a new LS2 in my car."

Jodl?: "Mein Fuhrer... Steiner... Steiner was instructed by us to put in another rebuilt rotary. We couldn't de-soul another fine car."

AH: "...what the hell were you thinking? ...not another rotary. I was going to show my taillights to that idiot with the big block Camaro SS... This will be the third rotary in two years. I barely paid off the last one! ...I wanted some torque!"

PostPosted: October 16, 2016, 1:18 pm 

Cool, thanks!
I built ReX with the L36 v6 from a '96 Camaro, unaware that the pre-'99 heads crack. I was chasing a vacuum leak until i learned that. But ReX isn't selling, so it's my chance to build an 8-second drag car that can corner. That should get me some paying customers, i hope.