LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Voudou + Miata
PostPosted: January 15, 2019, 7:49 pm 

Its been a long time. I been updating with friends I met via this board and figured Id give an update since I'm starting to wind down.

The car now has the engine and diff mounted in. Brakes have been refurbished. Final steps now is to get the steering rack, seats and rear bumper section done. I been waiting for my nose and scuttle to arrive, but I think I can make do later. Pretty excited!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: January 21, 2019, 10:12 am 

Looking good! Keep at it. I like the diff mount.

PostPosted: January 24, 2019, 6:49 pm 

I do like the diff mount, especially the front. A better view of the front diff mount and the pieces that make it up would be nice. I have been pulling my hair out over how to stabilize (contain) the nose of the Differential without a ppf and didn't want to fabricate one.
Thanks
Waltj

PostPosted: February 4, 2019, 5:43 pm 

waltj wrote:
I do like the diff mount, especially the front. A better view of the front diff mount and the pieces that make it up would be nice. I have been pulling my hair out over how to stabilize (contain) the nose of the Differential without a ppf and didn't want to fabricate one.
Thanks
Waltj

The front one was a little tricky. The problem was that I wanted to make it so it was easy to remove. I think its okay to remove now, but not the best. Basically I have a 3mm flat plate that sits on the bottom frame rails. Then I got recommend from a close friend, Steve, to use this Jaguar mount. I plan to make the top of the transmission tunnel removable, so accessing these bolts should be easy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JAGUAR-MOTOR-M ... 2749.l2649

It takes a 1/2 inch bolt I think. To remove the engine/trans, I just remove the two small bolts of this Jaguar mount, and let it just slide out. I attached a picture of the mount in a different view. You can give me a message if you are interested.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by thehiddenproject on February 5, 2019, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 4, 2019, 5:44 pm 

RandyBMC wrote:
Looking good! Keep at it. I like the diff mount.

Thanks Randy!

It means a lot. I been following your build pretty closely.

PostPosted: February 4, 2019, 5:51 pm 

A small update.

I finally got my driveshaft back from the drive line folks. It looks pretty nice. Theres about 1/2 inch space between the lip of the drive shaft and transmission. From my understanding this is perfectly normally. The only nagging issue is that the splines inside the driveshaft are recessed in about .25 inch. I dont think its a problem so Ill worry about it later.

I tapered the Miata spindles. It was a bit unnerving, but I followed dhempy method. I didnt not taper all the way down like he did(75%). I stayed around 50%. Otherwise I feel the end rod was gonna have some movement issues.

I decided to go with an OBP pedal box and master cylinders combo. It seems that they will work pretty well with miata 1.8L brakes and clutch. This part is a bit of unknown to me, but from talking to multiple people, I'm confident it will work.

Although I am still waiting for my nose cone and scuttle from Jack, I pretty much got everything I need to complete the car.