LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25, 2008, 7:24 am 

Yes it is really dirty work, but i do enjoy seeing a nice polish come out from the aluminum.

As it looks right now, the top of the SC sits 8.8" above the top frame rail. I would like to keep most if not ALL of the SC under the hood. But that is a minor detail for me, at least at this point. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17, 2008, 6:59 am 

I finally got arround to taking some pics of the suspension links that i welded up.

We are getting there. Now i just have to build the rear axle bracket, and weld it too the axle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17, 2008, 9:01 am 

Looking great Ken! I am always looking for more pictures of your car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17, 2008, 11:00 am 

Thanks Logan, well if you are ever in town, Just stop over!! I would LOVE to show you. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18, 2008, 4:28 pm 

Ken,
How long did your trailing arms end up being? Have you figured out how you are mounting shocks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 2, 2008, 10:34 am 

Sorry i did not respond soorer.

The arm lengths are 11" center to center.

Here is a image of the rear suspension

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 2, 2008, 9:06 pm 
Always Moore!

Looking good.

Any reason the shock is mounted to the back of the axle? Is it mainly to accomodate the length?

It seems like it will be adding an additional load to the trailing arms under bump that normally isn't there when the axis of the shock is inline with the axle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3, 2008, 10:04 am 

Yes it is that way for more suspension travel and ride quality. I have been worried about it, and after reading Kurts (kiminis) review on his Brothers Stalker i knew that i would need to do something different... And the #'s said that i would also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3, 2008, 4:30 pm 

I'm really curious about how you will like the L67 when you're done with your build, as I would like to use one and the factory 4T65 to build a middy with. I really like the 3800s power potential (ZZ performance and Intense Racing make parts for 3800s)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6, 2008, 9:46 am 

hklvette wrote:
I'm really curious about how you will like the L67 when you're done with your build, as I would like to use one and the factory 4T65 to build a middy with. I really like the 3800s power potential (ZZ performance and Intense Racing make parts for 3800s)

Well one of my design paramaters was if i could not get the F20c (s2000 engine) Its too expencive. then it HAD to be factory boost. It came down to the SR20DET and the L67. The L67 won out becasue it is SO widly used in the states and it is CHEAP.

From all the reviews that i have read i should LOVE the L67 and it should scare the pants off me and everyone that rides with me. I know that traction will be hard to come by, but that is part of the challange of driving the car. I allready have started to mod the engine (that i don't have) i found a Thrasher (race) cam and picked it up. It will help the L67 in the upper RPM's as they tend to run out of breath above 4,000rpm. And if i don't go thru tires quick enough or have lost a race a pulley swap is just a $100 away, along with ~40+h. I also have drawn up a intercooler setup that should be made for the car to reduce the IAT's.

But like you said there is LOTS of parts out there, and it is part of the reason that i chose it. Most Super Stalkers out there don't really mod it (from the limited info that i can find) SS owner has his cam'd but from what i see and read that is it? So i guess that there is no need for 100+hp on a 1600lb locost.... I have also thought about a Twin Turbo setup :twisted: And it will fit too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 9, 2008, 8:29 pm 

Alright Ken,

I want to see some current pictures of your progress. It has been good cool work weather, you should be busy working away.

Oh and someone needs to buy his darn prelude so he can finish his locost :-)

Logan

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10, 2008, 7:12 am 

har har Logan, The only garage work that has went on is working on the DD Accord, I had to change out both upper and lower ball joints, a CV shaft, and order bushings that i damaged upon removal. That has taken me almost all week! and then this weekend is house work :evil: And i need to finish the design on the front suspension and then i can build that.... and like you said got to sell the Lude. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23, 2009, 2:47 pm 

Not too much going on in the Locost building world for me :cry: Life has a habit of getting in the way. Oh well no sence in crying over spilled Royal Purple. I have been slow at work so i put some work into my model. I got the suspension placed where it looks good. Now i need to sit down and attempt to figure all of this geometry out :?: I also made up some body panels, made up some brackets for the lower suspension mounts. Added some exhaust, Radiator.

What does everyone think about the lower bracket design? Overkill, or instant death if i tired it? (the part that i'm talking about is in Orange)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24, 2009, 3:27 am 

Is there no way to triangulate them against each other or vertically up to the top tube?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24, 2009, 9:08 pm 

Well i was trying to keep infront of the engine clear for maintance and acessories, but for some stupid reason i never thought to take them to the toprail. :roll:

So thanks for that i will draw that up :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next