After a month of no updates, I think it may be time for one!
I've been very busy since the start of the new year, so progress to date has been slow. I have this week off, so I plan to get a lot of work done! I have buffed and polished all the painted panels. Here's the nose cone and hood:
When I started to put everything back together, I realized that I had a problem; anything that was painted black (frame, rollbar, cockpit, etc) looked very bad next to the freshly painted panels. So guess what I'm doing now? I'm doing some repainting in black:
You may notice in the picture above that my engine is missing. I decided that I would replace my clutch this week, so the engine needed to come out. This also gives me an opportunity to clean the engine up a bit. I have no intentions of painting it, because I just don't have time for that. I will just be degreasing it. The transmission has already been cleaned (it was black when I pulled it out):
Tomorrow, I need to get my flywheel machined, so that I can put the transmission back on with the new clutch. After that, I expect that it will take about a day to re-install the engine and wiring, another day to finish up the painting, and another day or two to for everything else (re-install dash, trim, wheels, bleed brakes, fill all fluids etc). Sounds like I can finish it this week, but we will see.....