LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2911 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 195  Next
PostPosted: October 21, 2018, 12:22 pm 

@GonzoRacer
Hey, JD, glad to see you're reconnected and have the time to come online.

Yeah, that hurricane was a mean one, wasn't it. The darned thing developed so quickly, and was actually pretty local since it really popped up off Mexico, not off Africa. With all the warming of the oceans (out here too) they're even talking about hurricanes coming back to San Diego, which hasn't happened since October of 1858. It's a scary thought.

Regards,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: October 21, 2018, 10:58 pm 
Toyotaphobe

GonzoRacer wrote:
horchoha wrote:
wish my shop was that clean :thmbsup:
Y'all would not believe the leaves/trash/water that can get blown into your shop, even with all the doors and windows closed, during one little hurricane... :ack:
:cheers:
JD

How inconsiderate!!

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: October 25, 2018, 7:37 pm 

Here's what I'm working on . . . . . . .
Attachment:
Nice Legs.jpg

. . . . NOT . . . .

I just wanted to to see if anyone was awake out there. It's been slow here, n'est-ce pas? Or, it may be that I'm not getting those updates I complained about. Anyway, using Perry's theory that if you don't post to your build log people think you're on a drunken bender, in jail, or dead, I thought it was time to say something.

Here's what I am working on.
Attachment:
DSC04601.JPG

Attachment:
DSC04602.JPG

Attachment:
DSC04603.JPG

Since I've cut my Locost build floor space in half, I'm only half way through the process. Now I have to organize what's left into a functional work space. In a few months, the build table will not be necessary, and I'll get a lot of floor space back for the "build" half.
Attachment:
DSC04604.JPG

It will be another week I think until I'm back on the real job - building the car.

Cheers,

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: October 25, 2018, 11:06 pm 

We just left for Desert Hot Springs today Lonnie. You make sure and save me some of that project (the first pic). :D
Will give you a call once we’re settled in.

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: October 26, 2018, 12:40 am 

That's great, Perry. Have a safe drive.

This weekend it will be a little hot out there and in the low 90's F, but in the 80's F again next week. The evenings are cool, so a person can sleep. We'll be looking forward to your call.

Cheers,

PostPosted: October 26, 2018, 9:37 am 

Those are some nice looking storage shelves. You can't have enough garage storage. I just added some last week to store some MGB bits in. My 8x22 ft storage loft is full! Needed more.

Here is a pic of my new 4 x 16 ft "addition"

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: October 26, 2018, 5:39 pm 

@rx7locost
That's some good thinking, Chuck. Every bit counts.

I'm already trying to locate new areas of my garage where I can squeeze out some more storage space.

Cheers,

PostPosted: October 27, 2018, 7:15 am 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
Here is a pic of my new 4 x 16 ft "addition"
Hey, I gots one of those, too! It's called "The Tire Rack" and it seems to collect things like the big pots we use to fry turkeys or boils shrimp. Handy place to keep stuff...

:cheers:
JD "Pack Rat" Kemp

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: October 27, 2018, 7:16 am 
We are Slotus!

horchoha wrote:
We just left for Desert Hot Springs today Lonnie. You make sure and save me some of that project (the first pic). :D
Will give you a call once we’re settled in.
You boys behave now... :mrgreen:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: October 27, 2018, 1:37 pm 

> space

That's what I've been working on. I was making headway until a new lathe, a new mill, a new shop crane, and a new mini-split AC showed up to reclaim the freshly exposed space... as a measure of my progress, it was 105F when the air conditioner showed up, and it's still in its boxes.

PostPosted: October 28, 2018, 11:19 am 

@TRX
:lol: Yeah, I know that space-filling phenomenon. However, with the loss of half my "shop space" I now have to figure out how to get enough space to actually do work with the tools I've got. It's a horrible state of affairs I wouldn't wish on any true tool lover. :mrgreen:

Cheers,

PostPosted: October 28, 2018, 7:53 pm 

TRX wrote:
> space

That's what I've been working on. I was making headway until a new lathe, a new mill, a new shop crane, and a new mini-split AC showed up to reclaim the freshly exposed space... as a measure of my progress, it was 105F when the air conditioner showed up, and it's still in its boxes.

Geez, I'd give just about anything to have those machines at my disposal. But then I'd literally have NO room to work. Now, I'm finishing up the Cushman. I have a 2-2/3 bay garage and have but 1 space for working when the other is taken by the hulk of the one I'm working on and the lawn tractor. I'm not complaining really. My wife lets us keep the regular cars parked in the driveway. To work on the MGB, I need to find room to build a car rotisserie and to store a cherry picker. I guess I'll need to find a new home for the Cushman. :BH:

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: November 4, 2018, 8:59 pm 

My "next step" goal has been achieved although it might escape notice just based on the photos. I've reorganized both sides of the garage/shop and through a combination of selling things on Craig's List, give-aways to friends and neighbors, going to the dump, and having new storage racks put in place, it's now workable.

To work on the build, I need to move mama's car to the driveway and them move things on wheels into that vacated space, which will give me access to the build table and enough open space to fabricate too.
Attachment:
End Result 2.JPG

Attachment:
End Result 1.JPG

Out of view are the MIG welder (on wheels) and relocated drill press and other small, rolling things like the shop vac and my bike.

It's been a couple of weeks of unpleasant grunt work, so I'm going to take a few days off before starting on the rear axle suspension. I have much already done there, but still have some design and fabrication tasks left to do.

Cheers,

PostPosted: November 5, 2018, 6:56 pm 
Automotive Encyclopedia

Lonnie I saw an old topic where you were asking about the mounting of brake hoses and lines where they meet.
If using oem hoses, there is a clip that the hose end fits into which keeps it from rotating as the hoses moves with the suspension.
There is a shoulder stop and a groove that accepts a U clip hold to hold it in place.

For AN hoses, the adapter (generally 3/8-24 inverted flare to AN3 male) has a groove that accepts the U clip but the fitting is round so the hole in the bracket is also round. The bracket can be fabbed easily from 1/8 x 1 strip welded on or 1/8x1x2 and bend a flange to drill for two 1/4-20 bolts or use 1/8 rivets.

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

PostPosted: November 5, 2018, 7:25 pm 

@MV8
Thanks for the reply to the old material. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to need to finalize my brake line setup. I have all the tabs in the tunnel done, but left the front and rear components until I have the brakes themselves in place. I'll get back to you when that time arrives. Too much info right now would "go in one ear and out the other" as they say.

Cheers,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2911 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 195  Next