LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 17, 2024, 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
PostPosted: May 14, 2016, 6:12 pm 

Parts list update.

Speedway boxes ROCK!
Got the headlights in
Speedo
Key ignition switch (thinking about returning it and using the key and switch from my old ZX9)
Battery cut off switch
I also went with this hard brake line kit.
Dan got some for his El Camino he is building and says its pretty easy to bend with your hands.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... +&_sacat=0

Monday I should be getting the bushings from JCWhitney for the remote shifter.
EXCITEMENT!!!!

PostPosted: May 14, 2016, 8:25 pm 

WAX, what have you got hanging on the back wall of the garage? Is that a "Midget" chassis? :?: Oh, wait. You moved the car to your buddies machine shop, didn't you! :!:

PostPosted: May 14, 2016, 10:08 pm 

WAX wrote:
Parts list update.

I also went with this hard brake line kit.
Dan got some for his El Camino he is building and says its pretty easy to bend with your hands.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... +&_sacat=0

That copper/nickel line is the bomb. Good stuff!

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: May 20, 2016, 8:15 am 

Not much of an update to report, I have been down with either a stomach flu or food poisoning.
I did manage to get the fuel cell in the mail.
The drive shaft came back and is all nice and shiny black. I managed to get to the shop yesterday to put it in the car. Wasnt able to do much more then that.

My wife`s backyard shed/Kiln building was delivered as well. $1000 stack of wood. Its under the tank.

Have been looking at a couple of these for fuel pick ups in the tank.
http://www.autoperformanceengineering.c ... ckups.html

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 23, 2016, 8:04 pm 

Managed to make it to the shop. Got the gas tank location set, Some supports welding in to support it.
Had a helper make some square tube block offs for some of the open ends of the tubing. Putting him to work.
Remote Shifter is redesigned and mocked up. Still needs a little work, but getting closer.
moved the rear end 4 links a little more outward for clearance, got those and relocated the lower shock mounts.
Had to cut the panhard bar and extend it by about 3 inches. Made a spud on the lathe that will go inside the panhard bar tube and got that welded in.

Did not get as much done in the hours I was there, but it was also storming today and my body tightens up really bad. So I took some pain meds and did what I could.

Feels good to be productive again on this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 24, 2016, 8:40 am 

How's that sunburn feel on your hands? :lol:

Driven5 wrote:
Forced Induction + Magic Spinning Doritos = EMod

PostPosted: May 24, 2016, 8:46 am 

Those pictures are of Paul and his kid. I was behind the camera. They are only tacs so it shouldnt be to bad :)

PostPosted: May 24, 2016, 7:13 pm 

Got a text message early this morning from Paul, Him and Blake took the time to mount the fuel cell, Panhard bar and shock. Man, I need new friends!

Did some lathe work and used a $400,000 HAAS machine to add some simple flats to the remote shifter

PostPosted: May 24, 2016, 7:36 pm 

WAX wrote:
. . . Did some lathe work and used a $400,000 HAAS machine to add some simple flats to the remote shifter . . .

Oh geez, it's just like mine - NOT! :drool:

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: May 24, 2016, 8:07 pm 

Way to support the American F1 program!

My build: http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16005

PostPosted: May 25, 2016, 6:23 pm 

Today was "Finish the remote shifter day.

Very happy with how it turned out.

https://youtu.be/OxOAF36Nkq8

PostPosted: May 26, 2016, 12:56 am 

That's a fine looking remote shifter, I may have use that idea on my build. :cheers:

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: May 26, 2016, 1:25 am 

Ohhh come on Perry, you and I both know I, we will say "Utilized" some of the aspects of your shifter. :) I aint ashamed to admit it!!!! it was a great design so thank you for posting the pictures.

Using the heim as the pivot point was far more simple then the block I had machined up.

PostPosted: May 26, 2016, 9:41 pm 

Got to work on the car a few hours today.

Got the loud pedal bolted into the car today, no pictures of that. I need to get on the ball.

Cut the holes for the sending unit and fuel cap. not much drama. Still need to figure out the fuel pick up and fittings. I got a roll over valve as a tank vent, was unaware that there was a vent in the cap. Should I install the roll over valve anyway?

Moved the 4 link br@ckets on the rear end again. Everything was very close to the frame. So I decided to move the heim joints to the outside of the vertical supports that Dan built into the frame. Other then fender clearance can anyone see a problem with how this is laid out. Rear is square to the frame but not exactly at ride height as I have it propped up on 2x4`s. If this will work, I need to make some spaces to fill the gap in the vertical uprights so the bolt pressure doesnt deform anything.

I have put more work on the car in the last 2 weeks then in the last year. Its great to have a space to work. Before I had to remove all the garage stuff from the front of the car just to get it out of the garage. Looked like I was having a yard sale every time I wanted to work on it.

Having a descent supply of nuts, bolts and washers on hand is a life saver as well.

PostPosted: May 28, 2016, 3:29 pm 

Redid the tank support. Thought I had a great Idea on mounting straps. Straps around the tank with bolts that go through the open square tubing.
turns out that physics tells us "2 objects cannot occupy the same space" Damn panhard bar.

Got the fuel pump mounted. One less thing.

I have been working on the car every day. The weather and the damage to my body makes it a slow process. At least its something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next